St Marks River fishing report 2/23/17

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Century2180

St Marks River fishing report 2/23/17

Post by Century2180 »

Well... it was a beautiful day on the flats got a good tan but that is it... set out from Ga about 4:30 this morning got to landing around 7:30 put in it was low tide started fishing oyster beds at mouth of river, ran out to bird rack #1 past lighthouse started white capping, wind picked up to 15-20 mph. Rough fishing all around, tried east river at mouth and even further in as high tide was coming up, no luck. Went back up river and fished oyster beds going in around rock island on high tide. Needless to say, we didn't have a fish nibble lick or look at a lure today.
Baits used:
Mirrorlures - different colors
Flukes
Gulps
Same thing I always catch them on. It was a rough day. Water temp was 68 heavy chop all day. Anybody else had luck out here? Two weeks ago we caught about 40 shorts same area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Century2180

Re: St Marks River fishing report 2/23/17

Post by Century2180 »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fishdux

Post by fishdux »

Last week when the weather was fairly stable and the water was 61 degrees we had alot of luck in the areas you just mentioned. However, we tried this past Monday in those areas and struck out. It was very windy that day too. Up in the creeks the water temp was 69 so I'm starting to think that they moved out.Now we just need a calm day to go out on the flats and try it. :D
bbb

Post by bbb »

Interesting. We caught some fish on those spots on the 20th, but the tide was real weak. Probably headed to those same spots tomorrow and may even float across the flats. They are out there somewhere.