Shell Point 4-1-17

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

SC High Tide

Shell Point 4-1-17

Post by SC High Tide »

Pretty disappointed on Saturday. Got in early and started with topwater in about 3-4ft of water with only 1 roll in about 45 minutes. Switched to jigs and started catching fish. Caught plenty of shorts but only two keepers and they barely made it. Caught fish on chartreuse and white gulps and a couple fish on a mirrodine. Wind picked up after lunch and that was it for us. I had higher expectations for the trip. Water wasn't overly clear but wasn't terrible.
Hit-n-Miss

Re: Shell Point 4-1-17

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

SC High Tide wrote:Pretty disappointed on Saturday. Got in early and started with topwater in about 3-4ft of water with only 1 roll in about 45 minutes. Switched to jigs and started catching fish. Caught plenty of shorts but only two keepers and they barely made it. Caught fish on chartreuse and white gulps and a couple fish on a mirrodine. Wind picked up after lunch and that was it for us. I had higher expectations for the trip. Water wasn't overly clear but wasn't terrible.
. Nothing broke and caught fish. That's a good day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fishfalcon

Re: Shell Point 4-1-17

Post by fishfalcon »

Saturday afternoon was brutal for me. 2 shorts a hardhead and a monster sailcat. Wind was really blowing and it was not fun. Sunday morning it was calm and the water was much cleaner. Fished the same spots with the same baits and wore out the trout. Lots of other people caught fish Saturday morning. Can't explain it any better than the old line It's fishing, not catching.