Saturday 4/1

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

wishin2bfishin

Saturday 4/1

Post by wishin2bfishin »

Fished out of Spring Warrior on FrIday evening and Saturday. Fished creeks and grass line on Friday until sundown because of the S wind that was relentless. Got 2 keeper trout, a keeper red and a big flounder.
Saturday was much calmer and we started shallow flats because of the boats in close. Tried plugs ,gulp/corks, and gulp on bottom. Gulp under cork was the only thing that worked for us. We worked our way west moving and fishing all the way past Rock Island before we found the fish.
Finished up at 3 with 15 decent trout and a big Spanish. The wind had picked up and made for a damp ride quartering into the wind.
Overall a good day. Fish were in 4-5 ft water and most caught just as the tide began to flood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fishfalcon

Re: Saturday 4/1

Post by fishfalcon »

Congrats on a great trip. I fished Saturday afternoon in all of the wind and didn't do any good. Sunday morning was calm and the fishing was much better.
Hit-n-Miss

Re: Saturday 4/1

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Good day on the water. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk