Lanark Market Bite is On.

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Century2180

Lanark Market Bite is On.

Post by Century2180 »

well if you weren't one of the 160 boats at the ramp today you missed out. Bite was strong although most of them being shorts the poles stayed bent. Still need to find someway to deter lady fish I despise them so bad. Prob 30 fish overall, trout in 3-4 ft Column on high tide about 50 yds out from docks, rode to turkey point pulled in a blue fish, sail cat, and a trout. Had quite a few shorts. Back side of bird island not producing. east side of Channel produced a good bite going out to dog island. Came home with 3 keeper trout, blue, sail, and one 23" slot red, caught him RIGHT IN THE MOUTH :) live shrimp, red bass assassin jig head slow under popping cork he demolished it. Good luck. This weather should cool water back down and hopefully bring the bigger trout back in :/ we will see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Re: Lanark Market Bite is On.

Post by MudDucker »

I got to the ramp a 7 and it seemed like a normal day. Was only going to fish a couple of hours, because I need to get my house cleaned out for remodeling. Caught a couple nice fish and a lot of shorts. Also a couple of blues. Kept noticing more and more boats coming by, so when I pulled back up to the market I could see why. It was 11 AM and they were still lining up to put in. Boats were everywhere, just like scallop season. It was crazy. If every boat caught just 1 fish, there were a zillion caught.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
eightwt

Post by eightwt »

You can send the ladyfish my way. Like to catch them on the fly :lol:
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

We rode by Lanark yesterday going to SGI, and you're right. It looked like scallop season there. I thought the trout would be in trouble with that many boats out. :roll:
Yours in the South
xXLoneBowmanXx

Post by xXLoneBowmanXx »

Carrabelle ramp was blocked off due to the waterfront festival, so the traffic all backflowed to lanark. We went out around two dogs reef and stacked the cooler with nice size rock bass. We went back in around 5:45 And boat traffic was backed up. It took a good 45 minutes of waiting before we were able to load and get out.
NOAA reports are the reason I have trust issues.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

eightwt wrote:You can send the ladyfish my way. Like to catch them on the fly :lol:
The baby tarpon would be fun on a fly rod. At least this jumped so much that it was crapped out before I put it in the boat! :smt005
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

xXLoneBowmanXx wrote:Carrabelle ramp was blocked off due to the waterfront festival, so the traffic all backflowed to lanark. We went out around two dogs reef and stacked the cooler with nice size rock bass. We went back in around 5:45 And boat traffic was backed up. It took a good 45 minutes of waiting before we were able to load and get out.
That explains it. Way more offshore boats putting in, which is iffy at low tides.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

I've never caught a fish at the Lanark market :lol: That is a nice store, didn't know it was that nice
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
xXLoneBowmanXx

Post by xXLoneBowmanXx »

MudDucker wrote:
xXLoneBowmanXx wrote:Carrabelle ramp was blocked off due to the waterfront festival, so the traffic all backflowed to lanark. We went out around two dogs reef and stacked the cooler with nice size rock bass. We went back in around 5:45 And boat traffic was backed up. It took a good 45 minutes of waiting before we were able to load and get out.
That explains it. Way more offshore boats putting in, which is iffy at low tides.
It was a definitely iffy in my hydrasport. I hadn't put in there for a long time, so I forgot how shallow it is. But I thought I remembered there being a channel out there. I had to navigate using the GPS and running only 7 mph. Lol
NOAA reports are the reason I have trust issues.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Salty Gator wrote:I've never caught a fish at the Lanark market :lol: That is a nice store, didn't know it was that nice
Take a couple of dollars and you can catch some baitfish at the market! :smt005