Live Bait/Carrabelle Newbie

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

OleFish

Live Bait/Carrabelle Newbie

Post by OleFish »

New to the area. Where can I find pinfish for sale in Carrabelle? Looking to do some fishing for AJ's and slow trolling for kings. Also, are the towers hot with AJ's right now? Anywhere else to try?
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Live Bait/Carrabelle Newbie

Post by Salty Gator »

OleFish wrote:New to the area. Where can I find pinfish for sale in Carrabelle? Looking to do some fishing for AJ's and slow trolling for kings. Also, are the towers hot with AJ's right now? Anywhere else to try?
Pretty sure Carson sells pins at Lanark market. The BP in carabelle used to sell them. Right now you can fill the well in 30 min using a sabiki or bream hook w a little gulp or squid ( 4' and deeper grass flats). With that said, if I were targeting Aj's ( which we did a few weeks ago) I'd skip the live bait and use a butterfly jig. You can't get it back to the boat without hooking up. And they are closed to harvest ( but not to exercise) right now. Towers should be holding them. Good luck
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
xXLoneBowmanXx

Post by xXLoneBowmanXx »

If you're a cheapskate like me hit the flats just inside of the island on your way out. As salty mentioned, sabikis or small hooks and you will fill the live well up quickly. My 5 year old has a blast catching our bait for us out there. And, continuing with my cheapskate rant, Crums had a whole basket full of vertical jigs on sale for 6.99 each on Saturday. Various weights and colors.
NOAA reports are the reason I have trust issues.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

xXLoneBowmanXx wrote:If you're a cheapskate like me hit the flats just inside of the island on your way out. As salty mentioned, sabikis or small hooks and you will fill the live well up quickly. My 5 year old has a blast catching our bait for us out there. And, continuing with my cheapskate rant, Crums had a whole basket full of vertical jigs on sale for 6.99 each on Saturday. Various weights and colors.
Kevin's also has a box of Williamson jigs for $5. I got 2 today
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
xXLoneBowmanXx

Post by xXLoneBowmanXx »

Salty Gator wrote:
xXLoneBowmanXx wrote:If you're a cheapskate like me hit the flats just inside of the island on your way out. As salty mentioned, sabikis or small hooks and you will fill the live well up quickly. My 5 year old has a blast catching our bait for us out there. And, continuing with my cheapskate rant, Crums had a whole basket full of vertical jigs on sale for 6.99 each on Saturday. Various weights and colors.
Kevin's also has a box of Williamson jigs for $5. I got 2 today
Sounds like I will be making a trip to Kevin's tomorrow.
NOAA reports are the reason I have trust issues.