Power Poles

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Pirate

Power Poles

Post by Pirate »

Can some of you experts point me in the right direction on a power pole. It will go on a 21' flats boat. Never even looked at them but I do know there are many times I can use one. Thanks
People that catch a lot of fish fish a lot!
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Re: Power Poles

Post by dombern34 »

Power Pole Recommended Boat Size Max Speed Max Depth Retracted Height Weight
Blade 10ft Up-to 28ft/4500lbs 4.66 sec 10ft 68" 38.19lbs
Blade 8ft Up-to 28ft/4500lbs 4.025 sec 8ft 55" 31.7lbs

I would purchase from tacklewarehouse.com they won't charge tax and it's free shipping :thumbup: 1895.95 and that's for the CM2 version which is the newest.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Power-Po ... -BLCM.html
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

Thanks Dombern34, I will look into that site
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

Probably a dumb question but I will ask anyway. Does the 8' length mean that it will function well in 8' or less?
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Depends on several factors, including bottom type, wave action and where it's mounted. Realistically probably about 6-7 feet. With your boat size and weight, you might want to consider the 10-foot model, which would add another foot or so of depth capability and holding power.

There are a few PowerPole dealers locally. Shields Marina in St. Marks is one and Pete's/Sunshine Marine is another. Yes, you'll pay taxes, but you'll also get local support and service. I'd give them a call for quotes. You might be pleasantly surprised about their prices. Either way, PowerPole is an excellent company that really stands behind their products with great customer service. :thumbup:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

Thanks Silverking.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

While on the power pole subject, My remotes have 4 buttons.. the bigger two on the top are for the up and down functions but I have never figured out what the bottom two buttons are for. Any one know?
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
One Keeper

Post by One Keeper »

Maybe it's for dual poles if you got em. Not sure. I read that on another forum. :smt102
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

One Keeper wrote:Maybe it's for dual poles if you got em. Not sure. I read that on another forum. :smt102
Thanks, That makes sense. I know they don't do anything with a single power pole. Thought maybe they might be back up buttons in case the top 2 quit working.
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Seems like my remote has a button to control the deployment speed as well. Unfortunately, I am at work and not fishing so I don't have it around my neck.
One Keeper

Post by One Keeper »

Yea Steve. Mine has a speed control on the console control but not on the lanyard control.
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

From OP, I did get a Power Pole Blade. Haven't used it yet. We will be picking up the new boat tomorrow and will be heading to the water this coming week.
EddieJoe

Power Poles

Post by EddieJoe »

silverking wrote:Depends on several factors, including bottom type, wave action and where it's mounted. Realistically probably about 6-7 feet. With your boat size and weight, you might want to consider the 10-foot model, which would add another foot or so of depth capability and holding power.

There are a few PowerPole dealers locally. Shields Marina in St. Marks is one and Pete's/Sunshine Marine is another. Yes, you'll pay taxes, but you'll also get local support and service. I'd give them a call for quotes. You might be pleasantly surprised about their prices. Either way, PowerPole is an excellent company that really stands behind their products with great customer service. :thumbup:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
When not deployed, does that 10 foot model stick way up in the air? Seems like it would interfere with fishing off the stern.
EJ
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Congrats on the new ride and PP, Pirate.

One thing I did with mine on the Bayshore was leave the spike just above the water when drifting or working spots short distances apart. That way it doesn't take long to deploy and there's less noise to spook the fish.

And EJ, I had the 8-foot model and it wasn't a problem to fish from the stern. Had to cast around the poling platform anyway.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

Thanks for that info Silverking. I have been thinking of all the places around where we fish that I can cover better now. I'm hoping it will make me a better fisherman. Can't hurt for sure. I will definitely keep it in quick deploy mode for those reasons. Thanks again