Fish Fryer recomendations??

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bman

Fish Fryer recomendations??

Post by bman »

My old one finally crapped out...

I have an electric I use for just the family.
But I want an LP gas one for when we have bigger groups over.
Any suggestons? Ones to stay away from?
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
flatsbroke22

Re: Fish Fryer recomendations??

Post by flatsbroke22 »

Cajun Fryer. Love the double baskets for frying different foods at the same time.
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue spinner »

Cajun Fryer
works great and the one we use will hold the temp. at what you need to cook at
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

X 3. They are great. Totally worth the cash. Last forever. Like mentioned the double basket is nice ( I think 4.5 gallons grease. Single is 2.5) and they really hold the temp. It doesn't drop w big baskets and get your fish greasy. And you don't have to wait until the temp gets back up. It stays pegged at 350 or whatever you want. Easy to clean and filter your grease. You'll love it.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
BldHnd86

Post by BldHnd86 »

I like the Bayou Classic. Mid level burner so the crumbs fall below the heat and don't scorch. Oil stays cleaner longer!
bbb

Post by bbb »

I'm sure you can't go wrong with either as Bayou is just a knockoff of Cajun.

I bought the Cajun 4 gallon with wheels. Little easier to transport. I have cooked for large groups of 50-60 people at Lake Seminole, Carrabelle, golf course etc, almost every year.

If your trying to cook frozen fries, tots, corn nuggets etc, the temp will drop after a couple batches and you may need to wait 3 minutes to start a 3rd or 4th batch. But large batches of thawed fish cook fine if you keep the flame on high.

I change the grease about every 6 months. And wash out fryer at the same time as meal and stuff will collect under the burner.

At home I usually do 2 baskets of fries and then 2-3 baskets of fish and I don't lose much temp at all.

After I shut it down I usually break out a can of biscuits and fry us some benets(donut holes) for dessert.

Yes they are expensive but mine is going on 8 years with no issues.
Redfin
Site Sponsor

Post by Redfin »

I have the 6 gallon cajun fryer. Built like a brick s&%^ house. Cooks killer- if you filter your grease after 5 or 6 uses, you can get 5 or 6 more cooks out of the grease. Southern Seafood in tally sells em.
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Bman, I have two NIB Bayou Classic 700-701 here for 290.00 + tax :smt004
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

I bought a Bayou Classic last year as a "happy to me" present when I killed my second turkey.

I absolutely love it. No burning of meal as the heat source is above the bottom. I don't leave the grease in. I wait for it to cool and store it in the original containers in a temp controlled area. I can clean the whole thing in 10 minutes with a water hose and some dish soap. I too have cooked for a bunch of folks and it is awesome. I have the 4 gallon version. I have turkey frying in one side and french fries in the other. Easiest temp control cooker I have ever used. Since you are saving the oil, it is no big deal to fire it up and use it for just family cooking too. I use an old cooler and put the oil back in 1 gallon containers and store it in my shed. The oil lasts a long time as long as you don't scorch it and it is real easy to not scorch it!

The cajun fryer is the same principle. Probably better metal, but I don't use it all that often and have a place inside to store it, so I went with the Bayou Classic on sale. Either one is awesome.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?