Kast King

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

Kast King

Post by Apalachee Inshore »

I bought a couple spools of line from them, 20 and 12lb. I've been using it some on some of my secondary rigs and the jury is still out on it for me. Strength seems to be okay, it's a little rough through the guides compared to PP or Suffix. I have had one hellacious wind knot with it but it's happens with the more expensive braid too. At 527yds for $20 it's a deal if it is even close to The quality of PP. I'm curious to see if any of you have tried this line and your thoughts. They also make reels but I haven't found the courage to buy one of those yet.
doomtrpr_z71

Re: Kast King

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

I wouldn't waste the money on it, but it is better than the pisifun braid. You can get 550 yds of daiwa j braid for $25, its much better.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

No comment. :-D
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

doomtrpr_z71 wrote:I wouldn't waste the money on it, but it is better than the pisifun braid. You can get 550 yds of daiwa j braid for $25, its much better.
I tried j braid on a couple of reels and really like it. I like it better than original pp or suffix 832. I don't think it is quite as strong as pp ( pp tests way higher than labled), but much softer. Feels like super slick or 832 but doesn't fray like the ss and 832
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Chill-N-Grill
Site Sponsor

Post by Chill-N-Grill »

I have been using kast king for a while and so far i like it. It cast really well and less wind knots than other brands.
fishdux

Post by fishdux »

I was turned on to Kast King braid about 6 months ago and have been using a couple different pound tests. I have been very happy with the results. I just ordered some more to respool my rods. It is a very easy casting line with very few wind knots.
Little grasshopper

Post by Little grasshopper »

I need a cheaper braid for my guests that go fishing with me. They go through PP like pins go through Gulp.

Or maybe I should just throw some mono on there and give them some soft plastics lol.

Serious though, I have had a good bit of trouble with pp lately. I have found that Spiderwire stealth seems more forgiving at least when its new.

I have some Finns Windtamer on one reel that I use every outing, never breaks, not a single wind knot, but it just dont quite throw as well as same size pp. Feels slightly bigger diameter and softer. But it is 4 years old. Not sure why I never bought any more. Picked up some 832 just today .
Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalachee Inshore »

Update: this stuff is garbage.