Free Brown Bullheads To Good (OR Bad!) Home

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

big bend gyrene

Free Brown Bullheads To Good (OR Bad!) Home

Post by big bend gyrene »

Anybody love brown bullhead cats? Tried fishing off my dock last night to snag a few brim and though I did catch a few brim it took me longer than I thought it would due to near-constant aggressive hits from brown bulls.

All the bulls were nice sized (2 to 3 pounds).

Anybody on the board wants to fool with cleaning them, I seriously can very likely provide a free cooler full -- you don't mind doing the skinning I'll gladly do the catching. Know there's not a snowball's chance in Hades I'm going to dent the population but can't hurt to try. :wink: :lol:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

Re: Free Brown Bullheads To Good (OR Bad!) Home

Post by Apalachee Inshore »

They are not too hard to clean with the right technique and pretty good eating as well. Basically take an electric fillet knife and fillet them like you do any other fish. The trick is to just start halfway down the fish after you have cleared the head and rib bones because there is very little meat in that area anyway. You are not getting a huge fillet relative to the size of the fish but those things are about all head.
big bend gyrene

Apalachee Inshore wrote:They are not too hard to clean with the right technique and pretty good eating as well. Basically take an electric fillet knife and fillet them like you do any other fish. The trick is to just start halfway down the fish after you have cleared the head and rib bones because there is very little meat in that area anyway. You are not getting a huge fillet relative to the size of the fish but those things are about all head.
No offense, Apalachee Inshore, but I've cleaned cats before... just am a much bigger fan of other species I have already in the freezer.

Again, gladly, GIVE away a cooler of fish if anybody on the board wants to clean a mess. :thumbup: :beer:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

I know someone that would love them. Pm sent
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
big bend gyrene

PM sent back to you, Salty. Sorry for the delay, just crazy busy.

Pretty sure enough to go around if anybody in addition to Salty's contact wants any. :thumbup: :beer: