St Marks 6/3

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

geofish

St Marks 6/3

Post by geofish »

Went out of St Marks Saturday morning. Launched the wooden jonboat at the lighthouse and winds were fairly calm for a change. But if there's a prize for catching 2 foot sharks, I won it today! Gulps in chartreuse and white didn't catch much (with & without bobber), live pinfish caught the sharks (repeatedly), and cut pinfish saved the day with one nice trout for the day. Started out at the rock garden, moved deeper to the stakes, then back west toward the lighthouse in 4-6 foot depths. Hope y'all did better than me. At least I beat the rain, 'cause it really came down driving home!
Hit-n-Miss

Re: St Marks 6/3

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

At least got out and caught fish. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fishdux

Post by fishdux »

We have been fishing down outside the rock gardens and doing really well on pearl white gulp. Today, because of the weather we opted to stay closer. We went west fishing in 6 foot of water over patchy bottom and did well. We had to work for them and move around quite a bit but ended up with a good mess of trout with a 22" kicker.
geofish

Post by geofish »

Nice catch, good tips!
tabb

Post by tabb »

Weather man keeps me from going. Sounds like he has been wrong more times than right.
Was going Sunday but forecast is keeping me at home.
fishdux

Post by fishdux »

We have the luxury of having boats in the water and living close to the water. If I was a couple hours away there is no way I would have been on the water this weekend according to the forecast.
tabb

Post by tabb »

10 year old is still upset we didn't go. I told him it's not fun being out there and not sure if you are going to make it back to shore. Every time I check the weather he reminds me that the weather man could be wrong. Will try again next weekend.
Any report from those that went today?
fishdux

Post by fishdux »

We didnt go today but we have another group going next weekend. All I can say is give it a shot!
TomParis
Site Sponsor

Post by TomParis »

I went out after the rain fished from 4PM - 8Pm caught one shark, 5 non keeper trout and 4 sail catfish.

Was beautiful though and quiet and calm as there were hardly any other boaters after the rain.
1976 Seacraft 20' MA