Keaton 6/4

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hunt Nasty

Re: Keaton 6/4

Post by Hunt Nasty »

Apalachee Inshore wrote:
Will In The Wild wrote:I am not sure what kind of shark it was, but the last time we were at KB there was a 7-8 foot shark right next to the first channel marker coming out of the canal. Was the first time I had ever seen a shark of that size in KB. Made me very excited to go scalloping in a couple of weeks.
I few years ago I was standing on the pier watching a huge bull shark destroy what I assume were sting rays not far off the jetty. It was probably 3-4' of water a some violent thrashing caught my attention, the shark was thrashing with his tail sticking straight up in the air, this happened about 3-4 times and I assumed he was pinning stingrays to the bottom. Anyway this was a big shark feeding about 100yds away from people swimming and no one seemed to notice.
Most likely was a hammerhead. That's how they feed and stingrays are one of their favorite things to eat. Theres a big hammerhead that lives around Keaton / Big Grassy area I've seen thrash stingrays on the bottom in the way you described. Its about an 8 footer.
Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

Re: Keaton 6/4

Post by Apalachee Inshore »

Hunt Nasty wrote:
Apalachee Inshore wrote:
Will In The Wild wrote:I am not sure what kind of shark it was, but the last time we were at KB there was a 7-8 foot shark right next to the first channel marker coming out of the canal. Was the first time I had ever seen a shark of that size in KB. Made me very excited to go scalloping in a couple of weeks.
I few years ago I was standing on the pier watching a huge bull shark destroy what I assume were sting rays not far off the jetty. It was probably 3-4' of water a some violent thrashing caught my attention, the shark was thrashing with his tail sticking straight up in the air, this happened about 3-4 times and I assumed he was pinning stingrays to the bottom. Anyway this was a big shark feeding about 100yds away from people swimming and no one seemed to notice.
Most likely was a hammerhead. That's how they feed and stingrays are one of their favorite things to eat. Theres a big hammerhead that lives around Keaton / Big Grassy area I've seen thrash stingrays on the bottom in the way you described. Its about an 8 footer.
Could have been. I know how to spot a hammer with its unique dorsal fin but this was close to 10 years ago now that I think about it. It was a big shark.