A tough day at Keaton

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

jsaunders

A tough day at Keaton

Post by jsaunders »

Launched at 10am. Fished until 4pm. Only 3 legal trout, which we released . Caught quite a few short black sea bass and short trout. Fished from the channel to Spring Warrior, as shallow as 3 foot and as deep as 9 foot.
2008 Kenner 21v
2008 Honda 150 4 stroke
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: A tough day at Keaton

Post by DixieReb »

Dang,for an old hand like you, that WAS tough! Rain must have them messed up. :-?
Yours in the South
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Still better than being at the house though. There were a lot of boats out there and from the chatter on the radio , not a lot of catching going on. Most of the trout we caught took pins. And most of the Seabass took gulps. I have had days like that in my own boat. Everyone catching except me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jsaunders

Post by jsaunders »

Absolutely, still had a good time. I always fish artificial only. We caught our few trout on suspending lures. Guess I shoulda sabiki'd some pinfish.
2008 Kenner 21v
2008 Honda 150 4 stroke
Teachers Pet

Post by Teachers Pet »

We did the same thing 3 keeper trout 5 rock bass and fished from 3-7 with no concentration of fish anywhere. We didn't have pinfish but tried cut bait , every color gulp shrimp and jerk shad with no success. Guess it's time to start allowing some extra time to catching pins. As always we enjoyed the day, returned safely to the dock so It was a great day on the water.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Full moon makes for tough fishing!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
blackshear

Post by blackshear »

We limited out on trout Saturday in about 3 hours fishing out of Keaton using pin fish in 7' to 8' water, 2 were over 20". I tried a few gulp but only caught shorts with them.
Pathfinder 1806