Idenify Gude

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Idenify Gude

Post by Salty Gator »

Gulf Coast wrote:Yes if he feels he should, but maybe not as aggressive as what I understood him to be. Tempers flared....MD should really tell the story if he wants to....It's almost time to knock of for me :-D
10-4 enjoy you day. Time for me to go back to work :beer:
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

EddieJoe wrote:Don't know the guide and don't use the ramp any more, but agree that Lanark can be a zoo. If possible, it would be great if the Lanark Boat Club folks would have a "traffic cop" for the ramp like they used to do on weekends. That guy did a great job, and it's necessary.
As far as the Tarpon guides go, many of them give me a royal pain in the rear, local and outsiders alike. Silver King is one of the good guys, and he is right that more order would help, from someone. I wouldn't look to the CG to step in on that, they barely do what is already on their plate, which is why I recommend the club at the ramp. On the water around Turkey Shoal, I just stay away, which is an annoyance to me but better than getting worked up when I need to be relaxing.
EJ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The boat club provides someone, Mike, to do this. Mike told me he just missed what this guy did, which I found and told him to be incredible.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Gulf Coast wrote:I don't know how many guides are working there but consider this, about the 5-6 that I do know some are devout Christians some have served in the military (and still do) and some are retired LEO. Just because someone got their feelings hurt at the boat ramp don't go off on all guides. The folks on the front of the skiff has paid good money at a chance to hook,fight and land a tarpon...and what has he done ?
Feelings hurt ... really! I can see that the fact that he is your buddy is coloring your response, but I suggest you don't make such a post aimed at me in the future. The folks in the skiff did NOT pay to have the right to have their guide jump line after fishing. I paid for the right, with an annual pass, to line up and take my boat out in proper order. There were three boaters in line with me who were similarly affected and who mentioned it to me. The guy made a threat, which was NOT Christian like, and I am considering what action to take due to that threat!
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Gulf Coast wrote:
MudDucker wrote:Anyone know the young guide who fishes a maverick out of Lanark area. He busted line at take out and was very rude.
Does leave out a few details :o
Didn't think that I needed to post the full story. There was a line of boats waiting. There was a line of boats, including myself attached to the floating dock and then moving up as each took out. This guy roars in, jumps in that line, jumps out and trots to his truck. After getting a call from the guy driving my truck about his blocking the whole freaking ramp and then two other guys coming down to get in their boats saying the same thing, I told him it was not appropriate to break in line in no uncertain terms. When I did, he gave me an ugly look and asked if I was talking to him and I said I don't see anyone else breaking in line and screwing things up. He then said he would tie his boat up and whip my azz along with some other profanity. I told him he would have two surprises and one included a trip to jail. He then moved off with his boat, still out of turn, loaded his boat and roared away from the place. He is the one who was very angry and over reacted as most people will do when they know they are in the wrong! Now maybe you like someone to act that way with families and children around, but I don't.
Last edited by MudDucker on June 15th, 2017, 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Gulf Coast wrote:S/G, he defended his self at the ramp.
The way that is written is a lie. I never got out of my boat or threatened him in anyway! He, on the other hand, made a direct threat.

And it was never the point of this thread to bash all guides, it was a point to identify a line breaker who threatened and cursed in front of a family with children. I didn't even request a name be posted in public, only asked if anyone knew the guy. I think I have a lead on his identity anyway.
saltycrab

Post by saltycrab »

:pop_1
Redfin
Site Sponsor

Post by Redfin »

I know the guy, his name is Maverick Hewes III, but goes by the nickname Egret. He's a scrappy ole guy, and waits in line for no man.
Redfin
Site Sponsor

Post by Redfin »

Footage from what really happened. I was there and had on my chest, and head mounted GO Pro. That's him in orange, Maverick Hewes III.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t60MV6bCLus[/video]
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Redfin, that is funny, big boys kinda look out of place in that skiff
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

IDK the rules down there,,,so if there are a line of boat tied up waiting to take and I understand you to say you take out the order that your tied up ? Or in order that your truck is in line ? Someone on the forum may yet learn something from your mishap...BTW the NFGFC is having a tourney the opening weekend of scallop season at Lanark (I think) so someone lay it down
eightwt

Post by eightwt »

After following this thread I'm thankful for being in a yak! Less stress.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

eightwt wrote:After following this thread I'm thankful for being in a yak! Less stress.
:lol: I think I'm selling my boats. :-D

Just being tied up and in line at the dock is a good indicator that they arrived there first and intend to pull their boat out, but there's a chance they might be tied up for other reasons like about to go out or just taking a break, etc. It's not difficult to see who arrives at the ramp first and those boats who get there first (tied up or not) should have priority on pulling out without anyone cutting in. If there's a question... ask them if they plan to pull out or in an emergency if you need to cut in front of someone, ask them if they mind before doing it. I'm sure if there's a good reason, anyone would let someone cut line. I use Carrabelle when I fish Lanark and haven't experienced any problems at the ramp... just the jerk at the sand bar. :hammer:
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
fishdux

Post by fishdux »

It was a previous experience at this same ramp that keeps me from ever using it during daylight again. With the amount of money coming out of that ramp they really need to regulate it more.
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

I'm sure a lot of folks have Lanark at scallop season,parked on the side of the road forever....so if I'm 3rd in line at the dock and parked 1/4 of a mile away do I pass folks to get my boat out of the way or get in line and let folks go around my boat cause it's in the way ? And you yakers should have to put a dune buggy flag on those yaks....for your saftey :o
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Gulf Coast wrote:I'm sure a lot of folks have Lanark at scallop season,parked on the side of the road forever....so if I'm 3rd in line at the dock and parked 1/4 of a mile away do I pass folks to get my boat out of the way or get in line and let folks go around my boat cause it's in the way ?
Good point. In that case, and if no one waiting in line was about to use the ramp, I'd say go ahead. No need to wait if the ramp isn't being used.
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/