scallop report st marks

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

eastcoastfisher

scallop report st marks

Post by eastcoastfisher »

Anyone happen to see any scallops near the rock garden lately? I am getting reports that keaton and steinhatchee haven't been very good, either because of the heavy rainfall or that its just too early in the season so I'm getting scared for st marks scalloping this year.......
tailwaters

Re: scallop report st marks

Post by tailwaters »

Haven't looked so really can't say. What I do know is when our area gets a lot of rain the scallops become very scares and when we don't they are more plentiful. That being said wouldn't count of St. Marks producing much in the near future. Placed like Lanark and PSJ tend to be better since they don't have the rivers and runoff like SM does.
tailwaters

Post by tailwaters »

Haven't looked so really can't say. What I do know is when our area gets a lot of rain the scallops become very scares and when we don't they are more plentiful. That being said wouldn't count of St. Marks producing much in the near future. Placed like Lanark and PSJ tend to be better since they don't have the rivers and runoff like SM does.
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

Lanark water was the color of strong tea when I left there yesterday. They have had close to 4 inches of rain in the last 24 hours. You do the math. :thumbdown:
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalachee Inshore »

I have been on the other side of the bay for the last couple weeks but I've heard people have seen them. That was before the rain though. It doesn't take long for the water to clear up and you still have 10 or so days. You never know. As far as Keaton and Steinhatchee go there are some scallops in the area just not right out from Keaton or Dekle.
Crippledminnow

Post by Crippledminnow »

"If it keeps on rain'n the levee's going to break, if the levee breaks they'll have no place to stay! :smt009
haliaetus

Post by haliaetus »

Couple weeks ago I went out and didn't see many at all.