Lanark 6/24

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Lanark 6/24

Post by MudDucker »

Put the old Pro in Saturday. Fished east, but water was badly stained. Had to move out to find clear water and found the trout. Also found out that the guy who installed my new depth finder had left my rear most and biggest access hatch off and when I stepped to the back of the boat with one guy already back there, the bilge filled with water. Pumped most out, but decided to call it a day. The tarpon fishermen were everywhere, but didn't see a single hook up. One of my buddies kept wanting to go offshore. I told him that I'd gotten a report Friday from a Lanark local that he didn't trust the weather report and was expecting it to be rough. He was right, forecast was wrong. Winds got up and it would have been a sloppy place to be offshore.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Russ@R&R

Re: Lanark 6/24

Post by Russ@R&R »

I'll be coming in to Lanark this Friday, thru the 5th. Anything to report to the west of Lanark?
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Russ@R&R wrote:I'll be coming in to Lanark this Friday, thru the 5th. Anything to report to the west of Lanark?
Sorry, but I didn't got that way, but I would imagine the stain is worse usually due to the outflow from Carrebelle, Fl.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

The water is pretty stained over at Panacea, too. Must be like that everywhere near the rivers.
Yours in the South
bbb

Post by bbb »

I rode from panacea to Panama City via 98 Saturday. Looked like coffee or tea the whole way except for Apalachicola. It looked like chocolate milk.
JeffB
Site Sponsor

Post by JeffB »

I rode all over yesterday from lanark to dog island. The water was stained out to the island. Caught 2 sailcats, shark and 2 hardhead cats. Did have a big tarpon roll next to us though.
MudDucker did you go to dog island reef? I started to go that way but was leery of the weather.

Russ did yall catch anything?
Im here in carrabelle for the rest of the week. Headed to cape san blas with kayaks on wednesday. Anybody know a good place to launch and fish there?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
bbb

Post by bbb »

At Cape San Blas I would launch in the state park off the beach. Probably go south from there and fish the shoreline. I could see some sandy spots in St Joe bay so water color wasn't terrible, but nothing like it usually is.
Russ@R&R

Post by Russ@R&R »

JeffB, I won't be there until Friday. I want to try Dog Island Reef, (weather permitting) because I've never fished it and many spots I found last year between Lanark Market and the west end of Dog Island. It looks like it ought to hold a bunch of fish anytime. I'm also bringing my little jon boat to throw in the water on the by side of SGI. (outside the park) I have a good friend who slayed them at SGI for years and he gave me lots of good info.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

JeffB wrote: Anybody know a good place to launch and fish there?
There's a dedicated kayak/canoe launch now on the east side of the upper bay as you approach the cape proper (kind of across from the rock breakwater). It's marked and gives access to the head of the bay/south end with lots of nice grassy cuts and shallows. Spot to offload and parking.

Eagle's Harbor at the state park is another good place within range of some good flats along the western shore of the cape, bayside. The public ramp in Port St. Joe also has a nice beach to launch yaks and some fishy flats within paddling distance.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
bbb

Post by bbb »

silverking wrote:
JeffB wrote: Anybody know a good place to launch and fish there?
There's a dedicated kayak/canoe launch now on the east side of the upper bay as you approach the cape proper (kind of across from the rock breakwater). It's marked and gives access to the head of the bay/south end with lots of nice grassy cuts and shallows. Spot to offload and parking.
Thats the one that I would use. Protected from most winds and water will probably be clearest here.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Got my directions mixed up. The one is on the west side of the bay, across from breakwater rocks.

There's also a county park on the east side road to the cape. Not sure if it's yak accessible or not.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

Fishermen are by definition eternal optimist and are their enthusiasm remains undeterred even though the guys who fish there all the time are saying it's tough right now.

So rock on and have a great weekend. It's a blessing to be out there with friends and family. :thumbup:
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

I'm launching the Sea Pro at Carrabelle and fishing there and Lanark tomorrow (Wednesday) stained or not.. It's therapy. :-D
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

That nasty water goes out a long way. The water at the ochlockonee shoals on Sunday looked like strong tea. It was stained 5 miles south of that. Still caught fish tho
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalachee Inshore »

Yuck. I've been fishing exclusively Keaton/Steinhatchee area for the past month with the early scallop season but I get antsy if I fish one place too long, I like to change it up. Was thinking about trailering over to St Marks for a couple days but I guess I'll give it a week or two.