Lanark 6/24

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Re: Lanark 6/24

Post by MudDucker »

JeffB wrote:I rode all over yesterday from lanark to dog island. The water was stained out to the island. Caught 2 sailcats, shark and 2 hardhead cats. Did have a big tarpon roll next to us though.
MudDucker did you go to dog island reef? I started to go that way but was leery of the weather.

Russ did yall catch anything?
Im here in carrabelle for the rest of the week. Headed to cape san blas with kayaks on wednesday. Anybody know a good place to launch and fish there?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
No, I had considered going to DI reef, but by the time that came up on my options, the winds were too high.

Depending on the winds, there is a kayak launch at the stump hole that is very close to some excellent fishing. There is a good launch at the state park and quite a few people pull off at several spots between the marine lab and presnell's to launch closer to black's island. If the wind is good, I like the back side of the bay better.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
JeffB
Site Sponsor

Re: Lanark 6/24

Post by JeffB »

Went to cape san blas yesterday. Water was lot clearer there. We launched at the kayak launch right past the eagle harbor marina i guess its call
ed.
We had just gotten in and wife had hooked a nice trout when a cloud that we thought was going the other way fooled us. It thundered loud and the wife put her yak in overdrive and flew by me on the way to the landing.
We waited a while for the storm to pass and started over. Same thing. Storm came up and ran us out. We gave up and went back to the house.
Gonna try again tomorrow with boat. Not sure where yet. Waters still stained here in carrabelle looks like from our balcony.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk