Fishing App

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

homboyfsu

Fishing App

Post by homboyfsu »

I got a new iphone and looking for a fishing App. Any recommendation would be greatly appreciate.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Fishing App

Post by silverking »

Don't go too crazy with apps on my iPhone 5, but I did install FishingTimes, a solunar guide with multiple selectable spots, ShralpTide (local tide charts) and CCA Florida STAR app to log in that next tagged red. They're not specific for fishing, but I also have RadarUS and the Navionics app for backup navigation charts.

One of my bookmarked sites on the laptop is Tides4Fishing and it is my go-to source for tidal flow, moon phase, solunar periods and other handy data. Checked and they don't have a companion app so I'll continue to pull it up through the web.
Last edited by silverking on July 5th, 2017, 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

I really like navionics but its more for navigation than fishing.

Nice to explore the waters from home, to use on the boat and just in general.

I like using the webapp(requires login) to plan trips and upload them to the cloud from my laptop. https://webapp.navionics.com/

Its 19.99 a year which is alot for an app but well worth it.
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

Windfinder, Radar US, Weather.com and Tide Graph.

That and your brain are all you need. :thumbup:
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Tides Near Me.. for tidal & lunar info
Fish Rules... for limits, size, seasons, ect for all species
Useful Fishing Knots.... for old fishermen with CRS
Fishing Points.. real time tracking and saving waypoints
Google Earth
I-Pilot ... as a back up for the trolling motor remote.
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

silverking wrote:Don't go too crazy with apps on my iPhone 5, but I did install FishingTimes, a solunar guide with multiple selectable spots, ShralpTide (local tide charts) and CCA Florida STAR app to log in that next tagged red. They're not specific for fishing, but I also have RadarUS and the Navionics app for backup navigation charts.

One of my bookmarked sites on the laptop is Tides4Fishing and it is my go-to source for tidal flow, moon phase, solunar periods and other handy data. Checked and they don't have a companion app so I'll continue to pull it up through the web.
I like Tides4Fishing, good info.
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

Man.....I forgot the CCA Florida Star Tournament App. :smt007
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
eightwt

Post by eightwt »

Have tides4fishing. I take their weather conditions with a grain of salt. Took the trip with the yak to St marks when they said wind was 9. It was closer to 19 with gusts that would blow your hat off. :lol:
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

HEY HOMEBOY, DO YOU LIVE OVER IN THE SUBDIVISION ACROSS FROM STONES, I HAVE SEEN A NICE BOAT PARKED AT A HOME THERE. I LIVE OUT ON HIGHWAY 93 ABOUT A MILE SOUTH OF MIDWAY BAPTIST CHURCH, I ALWAYS HAVE A USOF A FLAG FLYING AT OUR MAIL BOX ON THE EAST SIDE OF THE ROAD.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
homboyfsu

Post by homboyfsu »

With the tan fence in the backyard. That me. Caught some nice Snapp at Mexico Beach. Now I headed over to Lanark. Wish I could have caught that CCA fish over their.
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

HOMEBOY, THAT IS THE PLACE. MY WIFE IS A GRAD OF FSU BACK WHEN IT WAS FLA. STATE COLLEGE FOR WOMEN, WHEN SHE GRADUATED, SHE TAUGHT GRAMMA SCHOOL AND PUT ME THROUGH U OF FLA, WE BOTH GOT OUR MASTERS THE FOLLOWING SUMMER IN SUMMER SCHOOL., THAT WAS 64 YRS AGO. WE MOVED TO CAIRO SOME 30 YRS AGO AND BUILT OUR RETIRMENT HOME ON SOME LAND WE INHERITED OUT ON 93 SOUTH.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO