Scallop Reports?

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

ScaleUp

Scallop Reports?

Post by ScaleUp »

Hi all - haven't posted in a bit, but we're hosting a friend from out of town next weekend that really wants to scallop. We've never had any issues getting on them ourselves in the past but based on the limited info shared here it seems the counts may be significantly down this year?

Can anyone share any reports they have? Don't need any specific info on your secret spot, just whether or not we're gonna get skunked if we go out! Cheers!
Hit-n-Miss

Re: Scallop Reports?

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

I posted a report. But right now Steinhatchee is a pretty sure bet. Keaton not yet but should get good as the season progresses. Not heard about St Marks yet. Image.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
flatsbroke22

Post by flatsbroke22 »

Was at the Hatch Fri and Sat and done pretty good as well. Went north Fri and both ways Sat. North had much bigger scallops.
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

I can tell you that water around Lanark is 3-day old coffee......BLACK !!!!!!

The trout, reds, shrimp, and pinfish have all headed for the hills. (clear, salty water)

Scallops.....I seriously doubt it but I didn't look for them. :thumbdown:
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
ScaleUp

Post by ScaleUp »

Thanks for all of the responses. Got out at St. Marks on Sunday (first time scalloping there). Found the boats on the sandbar and also the scalloping boats - probably fewer than 20 of the latter. With four people for about 3-4 hours we got just a few dozen. Not skunked, but they were nowhere near as abundant as we've seen in other places. Had a good experience renting a skiff at Shield's - would definitely do that again for fishing, but will probably not attempt St. Marks scalloping again unless there are some real favorable reports. Cheers!