Wunderground site?

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

silverking
Site Sponsor

Wunderground site?

Post by silverking »

Checked the marine forecast a couple times today and the Wunderground page for St. Marks marine weather is frozen on May 9. Refreshed the page, no good. Deleted the bookmark and still frozen in time.

Anyone else experiencing this?

It's gone downhill ever since the Weather Channel bought it, but it's still among my references for coastal forecasts. Wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy (or crazier). :wink:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Re: Wunderground site?

Post by tallykenj »

The website is working for me. I had a problem the recently with checking and bookmarking the site for a station. The URL contained the date I was looking at the time. Therefore, whenever I would use the bookmark days later, the data wasn't recent.
The Back Porch
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

So how did you solve it Ken? I deleted the bookmark but the old date is still popping up. Also cleared my browsing history.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

When I'm on the site, I use 32355 as the zip in the search field to bring up the general St. Marks forecast, etc. https://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/fi ... uery=32355

Choosing history includes the date in the URL. Check out https://www.wunderground.com/history/ai ... story.html? If this is bookmarketed, it will always display this date. Once I figured this out, I ensure my bookmarks for stations didn't include the date. This didn't use to happen before the website was changed. : (

If you problem is a caching issue, what did should have fixed it. Try branching off from the general search selection and let's see what happens. Also inspect the URL of the page to see if the date is hard coded.
The Back Porch
xXLoneBowmanXx

Post by xXLoneBowmanXx »

Mines been stuck on April 6 for a long time now. Im not sure what the problem is.
NOAA reports are the reason I have trust issues.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

I've tried all those steps and still no joy. Even joined as a free member and asked tech support about issue. Reply was data sometimes lags and it should correct soon.

Tired of messing with it since the accuracy has declined anyway.
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

I have had nothing but trouble with the website too. The app on my iPhone works great though.

I use Radar HD a lot more on my phone for rain as you can watch the radar in real time. Updates much faster and more accurate. It is not free, one of the few apps on my phone that is not, but well worth it. I use it all the time. It also loads the satellite images faster than Google maps or Google earth. No marking features, but faster updating overhead images.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
niceShoot

Post by niceShoot »

You can quickly determine whether your issue is one of browser caching by using an "Incognito Window" (Chrome, CTRL/CMD-SHIFT-N) or "Private Window" (Firefox, CTRL/CMD-SHIFT-P), then browsing to http://www.Wunderground.com and entering the desired zip code. If this method works successfully (and it will), you've narrowed your problem to one of two issues:
  • A) You're using a bookmark that includes a hard-coded URL with date information, as suggested above. Delete your current bookmark, and create a new one from the http://www.Wunderground.com homepage, before searching.
    B) Your browser cache is stuck, probably because you're using a really old version of your browser. You need to delete your cookies for Wunderground.com, and update your browser