Carrabelle 10/31/04

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Carrabelle 10/31/04

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D Got on the water 8:00 and tried to get some pins but no luck and decided to head out with frozen sardines and squid. Hit the pass and it was glass smooth I couldn't believe it. We ran to 2 close numbers and couldn't find them I mean they were gone, hurricanes buried them I guess. :cry: Decided to head to public # in 70' of water. On my first drop bam a big red snapper( my first ever ) put him in the box. We caught 2 more shorts then they quit. But the grouper were hungry, we started catching them pretty steady and stayed put till time to go. I can't believe how such a big fish can bite so soft. I hooked a big one that I couldn't move and he rocked up and got off. Broke off 2 more and caught 12 blacks and gags. If I was as adept at hooking them as I am feeding them we would have caught a lot more. But hey I got fresh fillets in the freezer and had my best time offshore so far. I've been fishing all my life but kind of a newby to grouper digging :-D
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Good job, Hit-n-Miss!
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Good deal. It'll ruin ya. :-D
What was I supposed to do today?
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

And what were those numbers again :wink: ..Good job... :thumbup:
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Ya'll gonna make me start taking my bottom fishin rig on the Bass boat again :o That is one fine catch :thumbup: :beer:
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Very good. :thumbup: Now where would that public # be in 70ft. :-D
Reel Fun
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Fun »

WTG :thumbup: :thumbup: Glad you got that big snapper before the end of the season...It will make you cry to throw'm back :( nice report
Time on the water is NEVER wasted time.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D It was so smooth you could have taken the bass boat out there :-D A fellow was out there with us wearing out the kings while we bottom fished. We freelinded a bait and lost two but we were concentrating on bottom fishing.