towing

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dropaline

towing

Post by dropaline »

anybody use towboat us? if so how is it compared to seatow? I generaly go out of st. marks. I know seatow is a sponsor but money is short on retirment'
bbb

Re: towing

Post by bbb »

Costs should be about the same. I would want to know where their boats are kept and how many they have.

I know Towboat member that got beached at the Cape this year. Seatow had to come and get him. He changed membership while on the water.
fishdux

Post by fishdux »

Sea Tow goes out of Shields and Tow Boat goes out of Shell Island. Both cost about the same and both captains are good people. Take your pick.
geofish

Post by geofish »

Put my Seatow membership to good use a few weeks ago, towed in from a mile off of St Marks. Very professional and helpful, even waited for me to put my trailer in & towed me right up to it, despite very low tide at the lighthouse ramp. Awesome experience (except for the getting stuck on the water part)
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

I've used both, towus has big discounts if you use anything from navonics including the mobile app, it drops it to 112 a year. Never used seatow when I had it, tow us has had to bring me gas at st marks but no issues with either.
dropaline

Post by dropaline »

Thanks for the replies I out of shields so I will go with US.