Grass(less) flats

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Rbmcrae

Grass(less) flats

Post by Rbmcrae »

Fished behind St George from east end to Sykes cut and there is zero grass anywhere to be found. Nothing but mud where nice turtle grass beds used to be!!! Anyone know what happened? Are grass beds elsewhere this messed bad or was apalach bay just hit hardest?

Help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Re: Grass(less) flats

Post by procraftwes »

Rbmcrae wrote:Fished behind St George from east end to Sykes cut and there is zero grass anywhere to be found. Nothing but mud where nice turtle grass beds used to be!!! Anyone know what happened? Are grass beds elsewhere this messed bad or was apalach bay just hit hardest?

Help!

Happens every year as far as I know.
Rbmcrae

Post by Rbmcrae »

procraftwes wrote:
Rbmcrae wrote:Fished behind St George from east end to Sykes cut and there is zero grass anywhere to be found. Nothing but mud where nice turtle grass beds used to be!!! Anyone know what happened? Are grass beds elsewhere this messed bad or was apalach bay just hit hardest?

Help!

Happens every year as far as I know.

Hope that’s the case. I’ve seen it thin and patchy but never completely gone like this trip. Heard reports Carrabelle and Steinhatchee flats have grass on them but apalach bay is one big sand bar

HighOnTheFlats

Post by HighOnTheFlats »

With us getting “snow” it will have killed off these patches down lower to the bottom where temp has remained tolerable. Maybe cabin fever is the case more than worst case scenario. **also my wishful thinking mixed in**
“..Grew up watching Bill Dance and Stone Cold, that’s why I’m always fishing and do nothing I’m told.”