Chilly February

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Srbenda

Chilly February

Post by Srbenda »

It was a brisk day to be on the water, but we headed out anyway, and got on the water around 11:15am.

Headed south on the St Marks and fished a few deep holes, picking up a few keeper sand trout and many, many short sand trout. We headed a bit further south and tried a few oyster bars with no luck. Water temps ranged from 59 to 62.

We headed back up river and picked up a few more sandtrout before we got too cold. No sheepshead being seen ( at least by us ).

There were a few boats on the river mid-day but by 3pm it was empty with a stiff breeze keeping it cool

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
All photos copyright @saverymill
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: Chilly February

Post by DixieReb »

It was cold over at SGI today also. Only caught a few baitfish from the bridge, water was rough and it was windy.
Yours in the South
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Launched with Georgie at lighthouse around 830am. Went to some cricks... Hit some favorite holes; we started at Cool Pool, on down Confidence Causeway, and then hung out at Sandbar Saturdays, even got a few casts on Rainey Rock. We covered a ton of water and really did some exploring.

Michael Doublay showed up on the boat about a dozen times for us, quality time. George was the PRODUCER today. Total tally on fish:. Two dozen reds to 25" and probably 3 dozen trout to 22" (most in the 17-21 range). No flatties or Sheepies.

Definitely the most productive day for 2020 so far in terms of sheer volume of quality fish.

All artificials. No live bait.

Sent from the KetchupPacket
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

FishWithChris wrote:Launched with Georgie at lighthouse around 830am. Went to some cricks... Hit some favorite holes; we started at Cool Pool, on down Confidence Causeway, and then hung out at Sandbar Saturdays, even got a few casts on Rainey Rock. We covered a ton of water and really did some exploring.

Michael Doublay showed up on the boat about a dozen times for us, quality time. George was the PRODUCER today. Total tally on fish:. Two dozen reds to 25" and probably 3 dozen trout to 22" (most in the 17-21 range). No flatties or Sheepies.

Definitely the most productive day for 2020 so far in terms of sheer volume of quality fish.

All artificials. No live bait.

Sent from the KetchupPacket
Fishing code words ACTIVATE.
All photos copyright @saverymill
ugadawg
Site Sponsor

Post by ugadawg »

We got on the water yesterday at St. Marks. It was much slower than last weekend. We hit all our winter holes and the fish would bite too slow to make you want to stay on the spot, but just enough where you couldn't leave. We picked a couple up by the fort, a few down river off an oyster bar, and a few up above the power plant. I ended up with my limit, but I had to work hard all day to get it.
geofish

Post by geofish »

I was out at St Marks the same day, stayed breezy longer than I thought it would, and I took way too much time navigating my old Wahoo up a shallow creek to find a deeper hole. Caught some 14-inchers, and one 16 inch seatrout.
Tried a few spots up and down the river where I was marking big schools, but they were big schools of very small white trout. Finally caught a nice chunky 17-inch white trout right by the fort, a spot that everybody knows. None of them wanted live shrimp, nor soft plastic swim bait. Purple gulp with a chartreuse tail was all they were biting for me.
A few weeks ago I found some redfish and couldn't find the trout, this weekend it was the other way around. Someday I'll get 'em figured out. Till then, it's fun learning . . .