Marinas: Essential

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Srbenda

Marinas: Essential

Post by Srbenda »

Based on the executive order from the DeSantis administration today, marinas are considered essential services.

This was based on the Miami-Dade regulations that allowed them to stay open...

Full order available here:

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/ ... 105043002/
All photos copyright @saverymill
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Re: Marinas: Essential

Post by procraftwes »

Srbenda wrote:Based on the executive order from the DeSantis administration today, marinas are considered essential services.

This was based on the Miami-Dade regulations that allowed them to stay open...

Full order available here:

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/ ... 105043002/
Safer at home order in that link for Miami-Dade is a step lower than the stay at home order Desantis issued today. Doesn't mean you're wrong but he said they are going off dept of homeland security list. "DeSantis says under the order, people are only permitted to leave the home for essential services or activities. He says the state will abide by the list of essential businesses and services outlined by the Department of Homeland Security."

Marina's aren't included in that list FWIW.https://www.cisa.gov/publication/guidan ... -workforce

They'll be releasing more info and I suspect they'll make some sort of provision for recreation but we'll see.
StMarksAngler

Post by StMarksAngler »

The new order today specifically mentions “fishing” as essential under the Recreation clause. So I assume marinas will continue to operate in furtherance of that.

The document is embedded towards the bottom of this article:

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/32 ... or-florida
Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

"Essential services also include those business and activities designated by Executive Order 20-89 and it's attachment which consists of a list propounded by Miami-Dade County in multiple orders"
John21:6

Post by John21:6 »

Section 1.B. of Governor DeSantis' stay-at-home order (Executive Order no. 20-91) states among other things that "all persons in Florida shall limit their movements and personal interactions outside of their home to only those necessary to obtain or provide essential services or conduct essential activities." Section 3. of the order lists a number of categories of activities that are deemed essential. "Fishing" and "hunting" are deemed essential activities in Section 3.A.ii. to the extent that those activities are conducted in a manner consistent with social distancing guidelines. The order takes effect at 12:01 a.m., Friday, April 3, 2020, and expires on April 30, 2020, unless extended.

The Executive Order is available at: https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/upload ... _20-91.pdf

Pray for a quick end to the crisis.
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

StMarksAngler wrote:The new order today specifically mentions “fishing” as essential under the Recreation clause. So I assume marinas will continue to operate in furtherance of that.

The document is embedded towards the bottom of this article:

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/32 ... or-florida
That's from yesterday and for Miami's Safer at home order. It's circling around as today's stay at home order but it's not.
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

John21:6 wrote:Section 1.B. of Governor DeSantis' stay-at-home order (Executive Order no. 20-91) states among other things that "all persons in Florida shall limit their movements and personal interactions outside of their home to only those necessary to obtain or provide essential services or conduct essential activities." Section 3. of the order lists a number of categories of activities that are deemed essential. "Fishing" and "hunting" are deemed essential activities in Section 3.A.ii. to the extent that those activities are conducted in a manner consistent with social distancing guidelines. The order takes effect at 12:01 a.m., Friday, April 3, 2020, and expires on April 30, 2020, unless extended.

The Executive Order is available at: https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/upload ... _20-91.pdf

Pray for a quick end to the crisis.
This is also the Safer At Home order. From what I understand the text from today's stay at home order isn't available yet and is not the same as the Safer At Home Order.

It's easy to confuse the two but if you read at the top it says
"NOW, THEREFORE, I, RON DESANTIS, as Governor of Florida, by virtue of
the authority vested in me by Article IV, Section (l)(a) of the Florida Constitutioi;i Chapter
252, Florida Statutes, and all other applicable laws, promulgate the following Executive Order
to take immediate effect:
Section 1. Safer At Home "
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

I spoke to my marina today. They said the same, but wanted to keep it quiet. Close the ship store and try to do business under the radar as long as possible( ie until some dummy(s) screw it up for the rest of us. Boat ramps will shut down first, then marinas will get crowded and probably get shut down( they did in Miami/Dade county). Then only private property owners will be able to boat, until someone screws that up. For now, I would expect your and my marina to get more crowded with longer wait times. Palm to face
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

I'm strongly considering leaving my boat in the water, for at least a week or two. The Wakulla is all freshwater, and barring some accident, it would give me another few weeks of access.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Fish Masterson
Site Sponsor

Post by Fish Masterson »

The order i saw had todays date and was signed by the governor. It stated same as above with outdoor activities listed as essential.
The Liver is EVIL and Must be Punished
Fish Masterson
Site Sponsor

Post by Fish Masterson »

But y'all should all stay home and be safe.
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

Deleted
Fish Masterson
Site Sponsor

Post by Fish Masterson »

Perhaps, but all of the local news sites are linking this document to their story about todays order.
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

Good time to have that RS I reckon, can always say I’m working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk