launches open

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Redbelly
Site Sponsor

launches open

Post by Redbelly »

Is the Light House open? Aucilla? St Marks?
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
doomtrpr_z71

Re: launches open

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

St Mark's is open if you put in at shields, the light house is open as well.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Isn’t the fort ramp open?
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Yes. The Fort is open.

Sent from the KetchupPacket
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

The ramps up the wakulla and St Marks river are open and the one at 98 and st marks river is typically the least crowded(for now). The Wakulla ramp @ 98 can be a nightmare on the weekend though but there's plenty of parking. Just mentioning these if you run into a busy situation you want to avoid. It's very busy on the weekends in St Marks lately.

There's also a gravel ramp @ Shadeville and Wakulla but it's pretty dicey with anything over 16' unless you have a 4x4. The ramp is deeper than that lighthouse FWIW.

Shell island ramp is closed.

As mentioned before Shields, the fort and the lighthouse are open.

There's overflow parking @ shields in a field behind cooter stew(north of it) and to the best of my knowledge you can park in the riverside parking lot area but really there's ton of places to park and walk around there. Dont even think about parking on the side with the we boat slips across from the normal parking lot(boat trailers). You'll get towed and block everyone from parking without a trailer. Seems logical but it happens alot. Also respect that there's some people who live on their boats right there so don't park there if you an help it. I have a boat there and technically I rent the spot but just let it go since i'm not always down there.