Anyone using Yo-Zuri lures for flats fishing?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Apalach
Site Sponsor

Anyone using Yo-Zuri lures for flats fishing?

Post by Apalach »

I have heard some good things about Yo-Zuri lures and was wondering if anyone was getting good results locally with these? I was especially interested in the length and weight of the lures you might be using in relation to the species you were targeting. Also which color patterns have you found to work for species like trout, Spanish, and redfish? Just a new poster trying to get some info. Thanks in advance for any help with this.
Dick
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

I did real well one day with a silver (chrome) and black crystal minnow.....I haven't used them since...I prefer something with a rattle in it, like a redfin or slap stik...I like chrome/blue, chrome/black, chrome/pink, chrome/chartruese....gold/black is good for reds too.....

Welcome aboard... :thumbup: :beer:
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

I've used a crystal minnow once. Caught a few fish on it. Haven't really fished much with their baits.

Welcome to the zoo. :D
What was I supposed to do today?
Aucilla
Site Sponsor

Post by Aucilla »

Here is a picture of my first keeper on an artificial since my fishin' rebirth! It is on a Yo-zuri crystal minnow, silver with black or dark blue back. It was the catch of the day last spring, toppin' the soft-bait chunkers! DB was there!