New Florida Canoe & Kayak Trail Guide

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Apalach
Site Sponsor

New Florida Canoe & Kayak Trail Guide

Post by Apalach »

Check out this awesome new book entitled, "Florida’s Fabulous Canoe and Kayak Trail Guide" by Tim Ohr and Pete Carmichael. It has just come out (2004) with fantastic color photos, detailed maps, launch sites, and directions to many of the best kayaking, canoeing, camping, and fishing trails throughout the State. It really has to be seen to be believed. It sells for $19.95. I got a copy here in Tallahassee at my local kayak dealer, the Wilderness Way, but I imagine that B&N or BAM will also be stocking it. I assumed that Amazon would also have it, but it must be too new, since I don’t see it listed as yet. It covers both salt and FW areas throughout the entire state.

Here is the publication info and ISBN in case you have trouble finding a copy locally.

As an example of the quality of the maps and graphics, here is a pic of the Terra Ceia Bay Trail that is on the southeast side of Tampa Bay, not far from the Sunshine Skyway Bridge.

Fish Masterson
Site Sponsor

Post by Fish Masterson »

On a similar note, does anyone know how they aquired the exclusive rights to the camping on Rock Island? There was a sign up last year that said no camping if you are not a member of the canoe and kayak club, or something similar. I have never camped there, but have often thought about it, and now they have a sign saying you can't. Also, who owns Rock Island? Just wondering about the legality of a camping trip out there.
Thanks, Fish Masterson
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Fish, I'm guessing, but , since Rock Island is in State waters, I would think it would be controlled by the state. Unless, if back years ago, Proctor & Gamble, or Ed Ball bought it. Might be interesting to check the Taylor County records to see who holds ownership.
What was I supposed to do today?