Rod choice

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bwether1

Rod choice

Post by bwether1 »

I am in the market for a rod and reel. Actually the reel is the easier of the 2 for me to choose. I am having difficulty with the rod. I am pretty much a beginner when it comes to saltwater fishing and I want to get my feet wet (literally). I am going to start out wading but I want to buy a new rod and reel (all I have at home are some baitcasters I bass fish with and ultra-lites for panfish) before I get started. I want to try and go with a rod that is on the light to medium side (1/4 - 5/8 oz. lures, med. action, 6- 15lb lwt.). Anyone have any recommendations on some rods like this that won't break the bank?
Britt Wetherington
"Get Out There"
jonguthrie
Site Sponsor

Post by jonguthrie »

Get A Bass Pro Shops catalogue. They have some excellent buys on combinations. Some with Stradics.
Kris
Site Sponsor

Post by Kris »

Or better yet, support your local businesses and go down to Jerry's bait and tackle... They have some pretty nice rod reel packages under $40 .
billy mc daniel

Post by billy mc daniel »

hi
billy here
wade fish the bars at horseshoe beach, i use and recomend a t least a 7 ft rod the action that you described is perfect, we use terroeyze lures with a little fish bite on as a goody , last trip we caught and released 25 good size reds.
i can build you a terrific spin rod at a very afforable price, dont think custom as high, think custom as quality, and fish ability.
you would be susprised at the price i can build you a rod for. give me a shout and we can talk.
thanks billy
billystix custom rods