Wade Fishing

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bwether1

Wade Fishing

Post by bwether1 »

I am relatively new to saltwater fishing and have done very little flats fishing. A friend of mine took me last year and I was hooked. I have been waiting for the day that I could buy a boat of my own but that day is a ways off so I was content to stay home and stay awy from the temptation of the water. Until this past weekend. I was cruising the net and found some info on wadfishing. This really caught my attention. I want to try but don't really know how to get started. I am going to be at Shellpoint this weekend and would like to try it out. Can anyone out there give me some tips on where a beginner could go in that vicinity and try it out? Also what would be some basic equipment I would need? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Britt Wetherington
"Get Out There"
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Tom Keels
Site Founder

bwether1

Post by bwether1 »

Thanks for the article listings. Anyone know of any places specifically aorund Shell Point?
Britt Wetherington
"Get Out There"
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

All of the canals and Shell Point beach are good places. If you can drive you can go to Wakulla Beach or St. Marks as well.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

billy mc daniel

Post by billy mc daniel »

:lick: try tommy thompson at http://www.flanaturecoast.com
he is a wade red fish guide, he has taught me alot / the last time we fished together we caught 28 reds 2 5lb trout.
he is excellent.
billy
billystix custom rods