Carrabelle NW BASH

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

rx fisher
Site Sponsor

Carrabelle NW BASH

Post by rx fisher »

Haven't seen any fishing reports on BBF about the BASH thought I'd start.
I was one of the few that fished inshore.

Friday night hung around the oyster bars on a falling tide and caught a 19 inch flounder on a gold spoon in a few inches of water, and a large sail cat on a grub.

Saturday, as most know the east winds made the bay a mess, but made it across to Dog Island, picked up some pinfish and drifted just north of the island in about 20 feet of water, hooked up 5 tarpon. After a little fun with them it turned out I need to up grade my hooks, they straighten my circles.

Later in the morning we were lucky enough to partner with Don England (greenbone) and got the chance to watch him bring in the big Bull Red Fish on the site cover, really nice fish.

Even inshore we got knocked around a bit, still had a great time. Also heard report of fishing the shrimp boat that was productive,

Really enjoyed meeting everyone..tight lines..
seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Post by seatrout99 »

Maybe a little ...... :wink: if you call a 40 inch Bull productive......

ST99
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

The wife and I fished Lanark "rough there also", We caught a 24" Red and a 19" and 16" Trout. Had to leave em biten at 10:00 due to the wifes sea-sickness :( Went to the Ochlockonee river and tried a littel bit, but we just couldn't get into the river fishin. Tom and his boys shure made em taste go that night though :lol: I took D. Narramore with me on Sunday to Mashes Sands "rough again" We found a few shorts early and kept a 23" red that I caught and a 16" and 18" Trout that David caught. There were no fish put in the boat from around 10 that morning till we left at 2 that afternoon :( But it was his first time back out in 2 months, so he just enjoyed being on the water :D I hope to give em a try at Mashes Sands again this afternoon on the falling tide 8) Maybe NOAA has the forcast right just this once and I will have some decent winds :o
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
rx fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by rx fisher »

wevans,

I asked about you at Bash, your advise has always helped,
Were you there and I missed you? Was a great time.

Boat's out of commission for a while hope to be back soon.
Maybe the winds and seas will flatten a bit you you, Good luck.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

RX, I saw you there but could never get around to meeting you. I am standing beside Old Dog in pic. #11 http://floridasportsman.zeroforum.com/z ... d?id=16870 not to be confused with Cranfeild :lol: I missed meeting a lot of folks this go round, but I am sure that we will have many more get-togethers in the future :D
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
rx fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by rx fisher »

Wevans,

Maybe next time, I also got to meet Cranfield. I hope he enjoyed my smoked kingfish. My family also ran into him at the lunch at C quarters on Sunday and had a nice time with him and his lovely lady.

He sure can tell a story.. Great fun.

Also got the chance to talk to Old Dog, from Cranfields report he's quite the inshore man.