Aucilla 10/27

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

tin can
Site Sponsor

Aucilla 10/27

Post by tin can »

Went out of Aucilla at daylight this morning. A light northeast breeze put a little ripple on the water. Found good trout in 3.5' of water. The water was a little cloudy. Started with a large cajun thunder with a grub under it. Went to a small cajun thunder fished very slow with a chartruce grub under it. The fish were not very agressive. Followed the 3.5' depth out with the falling tide. Keot 4 trout between 18" and 20", and one 24". Also caught one 22" redfish. Caught some short trout on topwater. Had to slow the presentation way down to get the better fish.
What was I supposed to do today?
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

tc,
What conditions are favorable for what size cork? I've often wondered if downsizing to the smaller cork would help and vice-versa. I know when fishing with a live pinfish the larger cork would be beneficial. We fished with the large cajuns and grubs and did o.k. but I wondered if a smaller cork might do better with the artificial bait. Thanks.

tf
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

TF, I just keep trying different presentations in an attempt to catch better fish. Occasionally I get lucky. Sunday was one of those lucky days. I don't know if there is a certain "time" one size cork works better than another. I switched to the smaller cork and slowed the presentation because the fish I was in were not aggressive. I had a very good guide tell me "If you know you're in fish and they aren't biting what you're throwing, throw something else".
What was I supposed to do today?
dewyafish

Post by dewyafish »

Right on TC. Finding the fish is only HALF the problem.
It's a small world, unless you had to paint it.