Econfina

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Chalk

Econfina

Post by Chalk »

Headed down in the morning, anyone been down since last weekend? Chalk
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

Chalk, wear your windsuit dude! I hope it calms down for ya. We got blown all over the place today. Caught a limit of trout though. Nothing else was biting but the occasional lizard fish and cats. Used electric chicken under a cajun thunder in 3.5-5.5 ft. of water. Majority of fish were caught in 5-5.5 ft. Mixed it up with candy corn and pinfish(another bass assasin, not a livie) and trolled with rattling redfin. Redfin produced one over 20". Rock bass seemed to have headed for the hill. Caught only 3 or 4 and 1 of those was a keeper. We fished in front of rack #2 and #3 in the depths I stated above. Oh yeah, if you have any 6" curltail grubs, try those if the bite shuts off on everything else. We lacked one having a limit and nothing was working. It was a last ditch effort with the 6" white with pink tail. I threw twice and on the second cast I got #10!! good luck.

tf
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

The wind blewith!!!! Caught a variety of fish, to include 5 keeper trout, one 21 inches, threw back a bunch of 14.5's (forgot my fish stretcher), 1 21 plus Spainish, one blue, one rocket, three buckets of grunts, two buckets of lizards and had a large red wave her tail at me between Rockcilla and Econ. We fished from Hickory Mound to the mouth of Rockcilla. All keeper trout were caught straight out from the mouth of the Econ, in 2 - 3. Chrome & Blue She dog and White Zoom flukes were on the menu. Also caught my first Grouper out from Hickory, hell of a note to catch my first on the flats. He was about 7 inches. The only other odd thing was a calico colored grunt/snapper looking fish, anyone know what it was? All keepers were caight on the rising tide. Chalk
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

Sounds like a good catching session. :)

What,s a "lizard fish" and what,s a "rocket"?
Two new ones for me. :-?
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Cranfield, Lizard fish is a lizard fish, nasty looking thing, mouth full of teeth and kinda looks like a lizard. A "Rocket" is what we call a black sea bass, aka rock bass...Over the years we have nicknames for all the critters we catch....Chalk