Yellow gloves?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Yellow gloves?

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D What is the deal with the yellow gloves I have been seing in all the pictures lately? Are they better for the fish if you plan to release them, or is it just to keep from having to touch them? Just wondering I have never used any. :-D
EddieJoe

Post by EddieJoe »

Just widely available, pretty cheap, and work well. Also, the yellow gives some good visual contrast if you are holding up a fish for a picture. The grippy gloves make it easier to hold a fish carefully and either release them or put them in the cooler.

EJ
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

I use them as a personal preference. Yellow gloves have some silicone or rubber pattern on the palms and fingers that help me get a better grip on fish, and offer some protection (however slim) against getting "finned". They also are easy to clean. .02 :-?
qoutrage
Site Sponsor

Post by qoutrage »

We got a couple of pairs of the blue rubber with elistic backed/cuffed ones. I don't like to fish with them on, so always come in with cuts, rips and punctures that takes 2 or 3 days to heal. They feel good, when we're running out, on a cold morning, though.