Take A Kid Fishing

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Greenbone
Site Sponsor

Take A Kid Fishing

Post by Greenbone »

North Florida Gulf Fishing Club

Take a Kid Fishing Event

Don't miss out on a great adventure to take a less fortunate child on a fishing/sight seeing adventure on Saturday May 21.

All boats will have to accommodate a child and an approved sponsor from the BAPTIST CHILDREN'S HOME. If you have a recent certificate from Boy Scouts, or another children's home .etc., that might be sufficient as also being an approved sponsor.

If you think you might be able to captain or just help with the hotdog roast afterwards, contact Don England at donengland@earthlink.net.

Hours are from 8am to 2pm, out of the Fort at St.Marks. Cookout will start at 2pm at the pavillion. Everyone invited.Anyone that was involved last year knows that this is one day you and your little mate will never forget.

Right now we have 8 captains including
1- Jim Ervin-posible maybe
2-Scott Kent
3-Steve Taylor
4-Butch Taylor
5-BJ Holbert
6-Steve Stinson
7-Mat Ellinor
8-Don England

We could use 8-10 more boats/captains if you are interested

Thanking you in advance.

Don England/GreenBone
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

Wish I was going to be in town Don. You guys help him out, he takes this kid fishing all the time and goes above and beyond. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

BJ Holbert is actually BJ Halbert :D .... but I've sure been called worse on this forum :-D :thumbup: I can't believe that we can't scare up a couple more boats from our folks. :o I've sure read posts from time to time that indicate we've got captain's who have a heart for doing what they can to make a difference with youngsters. :smt049 That's all we're looking for :thumbup: I wish I could post some previous pic's to show you the smiles and the excitement but it's not permitted in order to protect the youngsters identities. Come on folks it's only a Saturday (May 21st).... and your probably going to go fish'n anyway :D Let's get with this program and make a difference.
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Greenbone
Site Sponsor

Post by Greenbone »

Thanks Sir Reel for your confirmation, sorry for the spelling error. We still see miss Megan from time to time- she still talks about that cobia.

We could still use more captains and help if anyone wants to volunteer.

GreenBone
salty_dog
Site Sponsor

Post by salty_dog »

I'll signup again for this year. Had fun last year. Might bring my own son this year if that is ok. Room for 2-3.
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

I'm in for 1 kid Don. I'll have to leave before the cookout though.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Thanks for the responses guys :thumbup: :D ... Salty...Greenbone can speak with more authority than I can on bringing your Son but I don't think it would be a problem :D :thumbup:

Now how bout you other folks out there... the cause don't get much better :o
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
dbplug
Site Sponsor

Post by dbplug »

Bud, I would love to help, but I have my eldest graduating on the 21st. thanks to all of you that are lending a hand.
for petes sake
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

No problem DB. We fully appreciate and understand that not everybody is available to participate. We're just trying to motivate some who don't know what they're missing. Believe me... you will never find a more appreciative guest than the one you'll be fishing with. The kids absolutely don't care if they put anything in the cooler or not. Last year my buddy got the biggest kick out of just learning to cast and see how far he could get it out there. Thanks for the response DB and congratulations to your graduate :D :thumbup:
finniefish

Post by finniefish »

Everyone keeps refering to the word Captain, do I actually have to have a captains license?
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

No, your the captain of your boat. :-D
Greenbone
Site Sponsor

Post by Greenbone »

Thanks Salty dog, thanks BIG T, sorry you cant stay,Tom for the cookout.

Absolutely big your son SD , he will have a great time. The more the better.
finniefish

Post by finniefish »

Greebone, sent you an email and you can count me in. New to the forum don't know anyone involved but can't think of a much better reason to take the boat out.

You can either send me a message here, email or I left my phone numbers in the email. Just need info on the specifics.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

DON, Butch and I need specifics also. We'll be there.
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Killing two birds..... bringing this thread BTT and... although I did this event last year by myself, if there is anyone who would like to go with me this year, to help out, let me know. I've got room for a mate. :D