Icky Feenee 11-9

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Icky Feenee 11-9

Post by trout fisher »

Put the boat in around 7:30 Sat. and had nice weather at the landing. As soon as we hit the flats, WIND!!! Caught up the pins and headed towards Rock Island. Got in line with rack #2 in 4.6 ft. of water and shut her down. Picked up several keeper trout on a speedy drift and repeated the pattern a few times. Used electric chicken, chicken bone, and assorted gotcha curltails. Headed out about 1 mile beyond #2 and fished jigs on bottom tipped with cut up pinfish. Caught rock bass and a few good Spanish. Came back in and finished up on a trout limit then headed in shallow for a red. A buddy of mine who has never been flats fishing caught an 18 1/2" red. He was as proud of that thing as a $100 bill! Had a good day despite the weather.

Here's the cooler.
pops
Site Sponsor

Post by pops »

nice catch, tf
had a similar day on sunday 8)
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Nice stringer of fish, TF.....Hope you saved a few for me to catch..heading down Friday if weather permits...Chalk
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

I have had many a cooler of fish come from that exact same area. Nice fish! Good Job! 8)
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Blue Dolphin
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue Dolphin »

looks like trout fishing is killer up in the panhandle right now........what a nice catch of trout good eating as well..........
Tight Lines @ Screaming Reels