Offshore Boat

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

GC
Site Sponsor

Offshore Boat

Post by GC »

Opinions wanted on the "perfect" boat for offshore fishing in the gulf. I mean run to the middle grounds if it's a decent day, tuna fishing off the coast of LA....etc...etc, and not beat the health out of you when it's solid 3's out.

Boat (manuf, length, etc), engine(s), etc, etc. Walk-around, CC, Cuddy, etc.
Probably a year or two old, more if it's in good shape ...............(+/-)..< $70k
Must be trailerable.....behind 1 ton pickup.

...I'm doing a little dreaming. :lol:
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

What's wrong with what ya got :smt017
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
finniefish

Post by finniefish »

How bout a G3 that needs a little work :o
GC
Site Sponsor

Post by GC »

2 Footitis!! :lol:

Nothing...as long as it's 2' or less....with an occasional 3 thrown in.....anything over that......you have to put your beer down and hold on!!
chugbug

Post by chugbug »

I have a boat for sale that fits the bill. 24' W/A cuddy with 2005 4 stroke suzuki 200 HP. It's in very good shape with all the equipment rods included.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

The boat in his avatar looks longer than 24 foot :smt017
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
GC
Site Sponsor

Post by GC »

Looks can be deceiving.......
It's a 21' Logic, single 150 yammy, 90 gallons fuel,......

I'm thinking newer 24 or 27 Cape horn with twin 4-strokes, 200 gallons of fuel to go out and catch my 3 groupers and head back! :-D
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Maybe this :-D
1997 PURSUIT 2870WA, 28' 1997 Pursuit, 2870, Twin 200HP Yamaha, Full Instrumentation, Outriggers & Downriggers, etc., custom aluminum trailer. $59,900.00
Nathan
Site Sponsor

Post by Nathan »

The new Cape Horn 26 is a sweet boat, but I believe it's a little over your $70k range. From what I've heard a new 26 with twin E-tecs runs $86k. A 24 should be well within your budget though. Especially since your looking for one a couple years old.

Nathan
nautigator

Post by nautigator »

I know where there is a boat that would fit the bill and with the money you are talking, it could be fitted with a pair of diesels and new running gear... May not win any speed awards, but she is a solid beast. 25'2" Chris Craft Tourney Fisherman. 9'11" beam. Would take some work to get her looking brand new, but a great fishing platform.
GC
Site Sponsor

Post by GC »

nice....a little old, but looks like it's been well kept! I would get brownie points for the cabin too!! :thumbup: :beer:

I saw a 2003 cape horn 27 with twin 225 four strokes for $65k decorated!
............one day!!! :-)
Frank Bradfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Frank Bradfield »

From what i hear its not capehorn its wethorn !
GC
Site Sponsor

Post by GC »

Frank Bradfield wrote:From what i hear its not capehorn its wethorn !
I wouldn't think so with the incredibly high bow, sides, etc......but have no first hand experience.....

I should emphasize the dreaming part......not looking to buy today, just to get ideas on what to look for.......good offshore boat, go out in typical offshore conditions, and not need a chiropractor on retainer! :-D
I put the $70k on there to weed out the Contender, etc suggestions....would love to have one, but doubt I'll ever be able to afford one...............
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

You can find a used Contender in that range..that's what I would look at.....I like the go fast boats myself,
so I would look for a used Contender, Donzi,
Yellow Fin, Blackwater, etc....

I can only dream of a Buddy Davis though :smt007 .....$115K

craSSh

Post by craSSh »

There was a nice Grady White beside RMS this weekend. Looked to be 26-28 ft. with twin Yammmies, hard top, and splash curtain. (I didn't stop, just saw it from the road) There was a sign on the boat... 59K. I think this would make the perfect off shore fishing boat.
I had a friend with a CapeHorn... he absolutely hated the ride.