Econfina 11/30/02

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

tin can
Site Sponsor

Econfina 11/30/02

Post by tin can »

My good friend Fred Jones and I got to the landing at Econfina this morning about 8:30. We ran out to the second bird rack and tried 7 ft. of water. Nothing. Kept moving in till we got bit in 3 ft. of water. Made several drifts through productive water and had a limit of 10 fish, 17" to 23 " by 11:00. Fished until 1:30. We caught between 60 and 70 Trout, with 50 or more being keepers. They're there and biting up shallow on the flats. All of our fish came out of 3 ft. of water today.

What was I supposed to do today?
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

Nice catch! They weren't there Friday....or at least me and the other gazillion folks out there couldn't find 'em. I hollered atcha on the radio several times Friday. Had my wires crossed I guess. Thought you were gonna be there. We threw everything we had in every depth. Tried the creeks and the river as well. Nothing! I caught one flounder. Mullet were thick in the Aucilla but so were the boats. Dang Georgia boys!! :lol: Glad you had a good day.

tf
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

TF, I intended to fish Econfina, Friday. I went there first, at daylight. There was no water in the river. I left there and went to St. Marks. I did hear several guys talking yesterday that they had to wait till after 10:00 to launch at Econfina on Friday. I didn't have time to wait. Had to be back in town early Friday afternoon.

We'll have to make a point of getting together one of these days. I would enjoy meeting you in person and hookin a fish together. :D
What was I supposed to do today?
seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Post by seatrout99 »

TC,

You'd better watch that boy. He's trouble. :lol:

ST99
Blue Dolphin
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue Dolphin »

TF.........glad to see your feeling better and were out fishing I sure hope you stayed in the boat this time...... :D sounds like you didn't fair to well this time maybe better luck next time.......... :D
Tight Lines @ Screaming Reels
Blue Dolphin
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue Dolphin »

TF.........glad to see your feeling better and were out fishing I sure hope you stayed in the boat this time...... :D sounds like you didn't fair to well this time maybe better luck next time.......... :D
Tight Lines @ Screaming Reels