St. Marks 12/14/02

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

rx fisher
Site Sponsor

St. Marks 12/14/02

Post by rx fisher »

Got on the water about 10am headed up the river past power plant with a friend and 2 kids. Looked for holes at the river bends, Caught a nice keeper large mouth bass right off. Then lots of short trout and a keeper trout. My son lost a nice redfish right at the boat, he had his hands full.
Real nice day on the water, a little breezy and cold, but real nice.

Used grubs along the bottom, yellow with pink tail had the best luck but did pretty well with a live shrimp under a cajun with about a five foot leader.

How far do you have to go up river before you need a fresh water lisence?
CS tried your spot, I think, past tenneco did have any luck, but every time I went back by someone was fishing it, must be something there, I'll try it again sometime.
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Rx, sounds like you had a pretty good day on the river. Those fish at the hole you mentioned had the lock jaw with me last Friday too. I caught most of my fish that day from Stricklands Landing back down the river to the big bend with the fallen tree hanging out. Mostly along the grass line on low water. I didn't bring live bait that day.
rx fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by rx fisher »

I saw that spot, but two guys were camped out, right in the middle of the
river, It was tough just getting by them, I'll give that a try sometime in the
middle of a week.

Happened to catch some pin fish, after I chumed for a while, chumming seemed to help. I thought some big trout or red would tear it up, over an hour not a bite. But they kept hitting the jig run slow across the bottom.
Go figure.