Econfina 11-05-05

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Econfina 11-05-05

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Well, we hit the water at 6:15 so we could get out of the river before low,low water at 10. Anyway, we headed over to rock island and worked the area only catching 3 keeper trout before lunch. I estimate maybe 12 or so shorts we caught. Around 11 we went due west to 24 feet of water, found good rocky bottom, but the ONLY life we found was a single sea turtle. No fish anywhere to be found. Trolled and put out pinfish....Nothing. Not even KW grunts would bite.

So, around 2, back over to rock island and a few holes between there and the river entrance, on rising tide. Picked up 2 more keeper trout, along with about 5 shorts, 1 rock bass and a 14" flounder. Water was glassy smooth around 4:30 when we loaded up, came home and fried up our catch. Ahh. nothing like a cold beer and hot fish, grits and fries after a long day.

Then in the old recliner :smt015

Hooked
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Good report HU.... :thumbup: :thumbup:

How's the water over there, clear or stained?
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Surprisingly murky for the lack of rain we have had. I guess the storms stirred it all up....

By the way. for those interested, the water temps were around 69 to 70 degrees....

Hooked
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

Cold beer and fish right out the grease! :thumbup: :thumbup:
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Don't get much better than that. 8) I was think'in of go'in to Icky later this week. :)
Yours in the South
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

Well DixieReb, you and I should "hook" up. I'm thinking of a late week trip myself. Probably Friday if I can swing it.
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Good report :thumbup:
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

Thanks for the report. :thumbup: :smt006