New river 11-23-05

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

wevans
Site Sponsor

New river 11-23-05

Post by wevans »

Got on the water around 2:15 and a low tide. Ran to New river and started trowing a Rattlin Rouge in a very brisk wind :o catchin was slow but I did manage around 10 Bass "4 of which where keepers" :thumbup: the only problem was when I still only had one keeper in the boat and another shorty decided ta show me what a hook felt like :smt013 tried ta pull it and no go :smt011 had ta bend it and cut it off so I could keep fishing :-D changed out the hook and got my other three keepers before I started worrying about finding someone ta jerk it out :smt012 left the water at 4:30 and got my nephew to remove the hook :thumbup: It's amazing how much the wind blows your shirt up against your thumb and ya don't notice it till ya got something sticking out of it :o Can't wait ta see what tomorrow brings me :thumbup: :thumbup: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
dbplug
Site Sponsor

Post by dbplug »

WTG Wevans. You are hard core. Keep it up. Got your latest tetanus?
for petes sake
dave7

Post by dave7 »

I love it.....and he kept fishing. That'll be a good chapter in your book some day. :thumbup: :thumbup:
"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope." - John Buchan
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

DB: Got a shot 2 years ago after we cut the one out of my scalp :o "the same nephew caught me that time" :-D

Dave: aint the first time, hopfully not the last :smt004 :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
KayakAngler

Post by KayakAngler »

Think I'd trade my little boat, motor and battery (advertised in the "for sale" section) for a couple days of fishing in wevans boat. :lick:
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

MMMMMMMM, we may be able to accommodate that deal :-D :smt004 :beer:
Charles
Site Sponsor

Post by Charles »

Just grab a pair of pliers and yank it out. Why'd ya' have to get someone else to do it? :wink:
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I tried Charles :roll: the danged thing stuck in the bone and I couldn't find a spot to immobilize the thumb to give me a good position ta yank :smt012
KayakAngler

Post by KayakAngler »

OUCH :smt010
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

I don't understand, Wevans. One would think as long as you've been fishing you would know better than to grab a Rogue. :smt011
What was I supposed to do today?
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I guess that's one of the things that makes em such good catchers TC, they catch ANYTHING that gets near em :o :-D :thumbup:
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Yup.
What was I supposed to do today?