Who's river fishing this weekend?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Who's river fishing this weekend?

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D Lone shark his boy and myself will be there sunday weather permitting on the St marks. What wind is to much to river fish. We have good tide flow incoming after 8 am. any pointers would be appreciated. Look for us in a Fish-n-Ski barge with LOAN SHARK on the side. What hok and weight combo is good for sheeps and other bottom dwellers? :-D
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

From what I heard in the forecast this morning... the "weather permitting " for Sunday will be the big issue. If you can get outside...we had one of the tournament players catch some of the BIGGEST sheepies any of us had ever seen last Saturday. He fished all over the Aucilla, and the flats. He caught the sheepies off of Peter's rock had 3 or 4 that went 6 lbs...I saw one of them and the scale when we weighed him. He took up the entire bottom of the cooler. We fried him (the sheepie) and he was delicious :D The fish were reportedly caught with shrimp on the bottom. My partner and I caught some small ones up river past the power plant.
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
dave7

Post by dave7 »

SATURDAY
SOUTHEAST WIND 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET.
PROTECTED WATERS A LIGHT TO MODERATE CHOP.

SATURDAY NIGHT
SOUTHEAST WIND 10 TO 15 KNOTS INCREASING TO
15 TO 20 KNOTS AFTER MIDNIGHT. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET...BUILDING 4 TO 6
FEET. PROTECTED WATERS A LIGHT TO MODERATE CHOP INCREASING TO
CHOPPY AFTER MIDNIGHT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

SUNDAY
SOUTH WIND 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET. PROTECTED
WATERS CHOPPY. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.
Might wanna shoot for Saturday :roll:
"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope." - John Buchan