Lake Seminole

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

catchin1

Lake Seminole

Post by catchin1 »

I'm gonna go and Spec fish soon. Only been there once before, decided the only way to learn the water is go. Any tips from anyone with some experience there?
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

First thing ya do is buy a map. It's a big place.

Don't know anything about speck fishing. ButI have been known to catch a green trout on Seminole.
What was I supposed to do today?
Castaway

Post by Castaway »

I do alot of bass fishin there and the lake is easy to navigate...I really have never done any spec fishing there, but I do no that people catch some in the standing timber on the main lake! You can go to...www.wingateslodge.com and they might have some sort of fishing report that might include specs! :thumbup:
Fisherman989
Site Sponsor

Post by Fisherman989 »

TinCan
what's a green trout? ? :-? Ol Seminole is tough if you don't fish it often.
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Fisherman989 wrote:TinCan
what's a green trout? ? :-? Ol Seminole is tough if you don't fish it often.
The infamous "Loudmouth" bass.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Sawbones
Site Sponsor

Post by Sawbones »

Specs have been a little slow right now with the wide swings in temp. A few were caught in shallow before the front moved through. I'd bet on them being back deep this weekend. Try the large stump field just south of the entrance to Wingate's. Unless you know where you're going, move slowly through the area- many stumps just beneath the surface. A live minnow just above the bottom in 16-20' should do it, look for brush piles on your sonar near the base of the stumps. Also run the marked channel slowly zig-zagging the edges from shallow to deep. Again, watch your sounder, you'll either see the fish or a brush pile where they're hiding. This is the last weekend of duck season, watch out for the hot steel flying overhead.
bman

Post by bman »

We see lots of people, during Duck season, fishing the brush along the river channel on the Hooch.
We put in at Trails end Marina- NOT FANCY- have low expectations
http://www.trailsendmarina.com/pages/5/index.htm

I'm marking this map with yellow on that part we see people fishing.
They seem to be on the deep side of the river- tied up to brush fishing four or five polls at a time.

DISCLAIMER: I have not fished for specks in this area- I just see people fishing.
It is a beautiful place so have fun and give us report.

By the way is it "specs" or "specks"?
Aw heck, just call em Crappie!
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
catchin1

Post by catchin1 »

Thanks everyone for the info. Especially the part about the stump fields south of Wingates. I've only fished the FishPond drain area before.
I'll probaly let duck season get over before we go.