Spring Creek 1/28/06

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Spring Creek 1/28/06

Post by mjsigns »

I started reading the book “Spring Creel Chroniclesâ€
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
catchin1

Post by catchin1 »

Good report.
I've been reading on the same book for a couple of months now. Its a good read. I like his views on the outdoors and his opinion of progress. Also like his salute to the FWC in the front :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
bman

Post by bman »

The Spears are family firends. My dad duckhunted out of there for years with one of the brothers. Be nice to them- and pay your $5 at the ramp.
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

I just finished that book and I thought it was great. I spent a lot of time as a youngster down at the mouth of the Suwanee River with those guides. That book took me back in time to "rouge" sports (gator hunting, hog hunting, deer hunting and duck hunting from a moving boat). I enjoyed the times and the book immensely. :-D
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Any of you all who have not read the book, It is truly a wonderful book. It slam full of short stories from "Spring Creek". Some of them are really really good, and I have been in some of those creeks and oyster bars Leo mentions in his book. What a wonderful place.. I always pay and speak to them if there is anyone outside. (One of these day's they'll go to $10 a launch I am sure) I also seen "the man" down there a time or two. Now that I'm reading the book, it really hits "home" with my personal "hunter-gatherer" instincts.

If you have not put in down there it is worth it just to put-put around and explore, meet and talk with the Spears family. They are "good people" and the ramp has been fixed, and the docks replaced since the storm last year.

MJ
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
Redfish Jim
Site Sponsor

Post by Redfish Jim »

I've read the book too and couldn't put it down.

Sounds like you had a good time. Thanks for sharing it with us.
qoutrage
Site Sponsor

Post by qoutrage »

Nice article, MJ. Sounds like y'all had a nice day out there.
I have both of the books and have read the first one and really like it account of it's local color and being able to relate to parts of it. 'Need to get to the other one. I'm told it's better than the first one.
Better luck next time with the catchin'. :-)