Lanark

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

rgharris83

Lanark

Post by rgharris83 »

I'm wondering if there is anywhere to launch a kayak to fish in Lanark. I've been several times but never with my Yak and I don't want to piss the wrong folks off. I like to respect a man's private property... Any suggestions?
Salt Life
Location: I come from where the river meets the sea Live Oak Island

Post by Salt Life »

I have wondered about that a couple a times. I woud think there is some really nice grass to fish around there.
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Leave your car/truck on the roadside with the hood up, or leave a note on the dash saying "Gone to get a Belt" or "gas"..... I've done it with my canoe a few times, and the truck is always there when I return....

Just don't park anywhere stupid...

:-D
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
stevo

Post by stevo »

There's a spot I used to fish close to Lanark, I would wade out there, but I'm waiting for a yak before I go again. The spot itself is pretty sweet. But it takes about 20 minutes of wading to get to it. By looking on the charts it might be over a mile out. Anyway, after 319 & 98 get back together west of the marine lab, I think at the second utility pole there is a trail that will lead you to the water. You can pull off right there on the shoulder and carry your yak through the trail. I've pulled a canoe through there, so I'm sure you can do it with a yak. Once you get to the water head straight out. On a low tide you should be able to make out 2 PVC pipes sticking out of the water. they mark a nice drop-off from a knee-deep sand bar to 6-7 feet and serve as nice rod holders to the boatless fisherman. I always catch trout there in the summer and sometimes some macks. Once your out there the channel markers from the marine lab are pretty close.