What's up at Saint George?

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

BuggMann222

What's up at Saint George?

Post by BuggMann222 »

Hello to all. :smt006 I've been hiding in the shadows since last August. I'm reading the reports every day and look forward to all the new post. My daughter is coming home this weekend and I have a decision to make. St Marks flats fishing or St George surf fishing. I'm leaning toward St George but haven't heard anything on the whiting or pompano. Heck, a mullet head in the surf and a little shark action sounds real good too. Does anyone have any idea what's happening at St George? Thanks for your help on this as well as all he belly laughs you guys have already given me. I really have enjoyed this site.
Sea Fox
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Fox »

Welcome and as far as ST George I was down two weeks ago and the park road was closed before the first pavillion. I guess from huricanes. I didnt do any surf fishing but alot of people was on the old bridge. 8)
Sea Ya !
RodBow
Site Sponsor

Post by RodBow »

welcome aboard BM!
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Welcome Aboard Bug Mann ! :smt006

I'm headed down there in the morning and will return Sunday evening with a good report (hopefully). I'm going to fish on the bay-side flats near Cedar Point and Bob Sykes Cut.... The Boss finally let me take a day off :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
Koenig

Post by Koenig »

Welcome! Last weekend we went to Dog Island (which is right next door)and tried for the pompano but did not find any. The next day my fishing buddy talked to a friend and said they were out there also and caught several small pompano just jiggin a red head with a live shrimp. Guess we weren't in the right spot. As far as the pompano and whiting at St. George, I seem to recall an article, I think it was in the Tallahassee Democrat last week, they said both were present. Either way, shrimp is key.

If you got a boat, St. Marks has trout and reds in 1 to 3 feet near the shore and creek mouths. Maybe since its been relatively warmer this week, maybe they have traveled out a little more. Have a great weekend and bring us back a good report!

SCOTT.... WHERE IS THE "EXPLOSION!!!" :wink:
LIVE TO FISH!!!!
BuggMann222

Post by BuggMann222 »

Thanks for the info. The road being closed in the park helped me make my mind up in a hurry. Saint Marks here we come! With this warm weather I think we just might find some action on the flats. I rented a pontoon boat to get the 4 of us out there. The fish should be deep enough for us to get to them. Hope to have a good report to post Monday. Shoot, I'll be out there with my wife, my daughter and her long term boyfriend. Fish or no fish it'll be a great day. See ya out there.