April 14 - Econfina

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

April 14 - Econfina

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Well, this is kinda both offshore and inshore , we headed out of anky around 7 am. Just skidded across the flats cuz tide was headed out. Shined up my new prop good :-D .

We headed out about 20 miles to 30 ft of water, and let me tell you, it was beautiful out there. Water was glassy smooth, and clearest I have ever seen. We were actually watching schools of fish (oh yeah, grouper are BACK!) on the bottom at 30 feet. At one point, we counted around 20 grouper in one spot. Anyway, we trolled and caught 8 gags, with only 1 being a keeper. I had one that would tail squeeze 22, but let him go grow some more.....

For some reason, they would only hit trolling. We could dangle bait around them watching them on the bottom, and they acted like they could care less.

Around 2pm, we headed back in and managed to get 1 19 inch keeper trout, but the wind had picked up inshore, and it was rough....we loaded up at the landing around 5pm.

Good day on the water, and I got fish to eat.....

Hooked :D