New guy

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Dad

New guy

Post by Dad »

Hi. New guy here. I've been around for sometime but haven't registered until now. I live in Tallahassee and have fished the Wakulla Beach area for at least ten years. I recently bought a heritage redfish to be more mobile instead of just wade fishing around the bars and so far kayak fishing has been better than I expected. I don't get to go often, as you can tell by my screen name I'm a dad and the kids are a little young for wade fishing but they will grow. Anyway I hope to talk about fishing with you guys occasionally and maybe I can join you on a kayak trip if room is available. Marc
Apalach
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalach »

Hey Marc,
A hearty welcome to Big Bend fishing, and especially to the "dark" side, i.e., kayak fishiing. We try to get together for some joint fishing trips, and have a pretty congenial group that would be glad to welcome you to the ranks. Next trip will be on Sunday, 30 April, according to Billy's post with the below link. See if you can joiin us. If nothing else, try to get to Savannah's Restaurant on the Woodville Highway to say hello. Lookiing forward to meeting you.
Best,
Dick

http://www.bigbendfishing.net/phpbb/vie ... php?t=9689
Dad

Post by Dad »

Thanks for the welcome Dick. I'm going to try Wakulla Beach tommorow morning if the weather cooperates otherwise maybe I'll be able to go Sunday. I'll let you guys know how I do. I'll also let you know about the 30th when it's a little closer.
ben

sunday at wakulla beach

Post by ben »

Sunday is looking like it might be OK. If it is I think I might head out there. Anyone else up for it?
geezer

Post by geezer »

Me and Geezerette were thinking about either the light house or Wakulla for tomorrow.
ced0412

Post by ced0412 »

Im planning on leaving the boat and taking the yak to Wakulla Beach tomorrow (Sun 4/23) as well. If you all see a bright orange kayak, thats me. Im going to work the area to the west I think.
Dad

Post by Dad »

I'm going to give Wakulla Beach a try in the morning around 7:00. I'll be in a bright red heritage redfish. Thinking I'll be going to the West also. Hope to meet some of you. Marc
My screen name is Dad, because thats what my kids call me. My name is Marc.
geezer

Post by geezer »

We'll be a little later than 7:00...twin yellows
RonHarrison
Site Sponsor

Post by RonHarrison »

Welcome, Dad!

New Kayak Fisherman and father of two youngins here.

Trying to get out as much as I can and learn as much as possible, myself.

I look forward to meeting you!

:smt006
Ron Harrison
Tallahassee, Florida
2006 Hobie Outback Rigging Photo Album @ http://www.nettally.com/rharri/riggingredirect.htm .
Dad

Post by Dad »

Well my better half surprised me with 4 FSU/GT baseball tickets for todays game so I wasn't able to make it fishing, all in all not a bad trade off. Perhaps I can make it for the trip on the 30th. How did you guys do today?
My screen name is Dad, because thats what my kids call me. My name is Marc.
geezer

Post by geezer »

Skunked fish-wise...a beautiful day...only our 2nd trip with lotsa learning. Saw one 'swell' early assumed to be reds that were long gone by the time we got within casting distance, a 6' shark doing a hi-speed cruise in very thin water. Oyster bars do look lethal. Didnt see anyone with a fish. Also surprised by the powerboat crowd at WB by noon. Maybe next Sunday?
ced0412

Post by ced0412 »

I got 2 slot Reds on the fly early, found them wallowing around in 6"'s of water.

I was run off by 10 by the damn gnats, of all places to forget the bug spray. I spooked alot of fish on the paddle back too, I couldnt even stop to cast cause of the gnats.