03/08/03 Econfina

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

tin can
Site Sponsor

03/08/03 Econfina

Post by tin can »

Ray Einarson and I got to the Econfina landing at about 0700 this morning to find plenty of wind and , again, a swift flowing river. We headed east from the mouth of the river and proceeded to fish, while getting bounced around. We went right back to where I fished last week and it didn't take long to boat 2 keeper trout. Then the reality of the day ahead set in. The bite was slooooooowww. We fished a grub under a cork about as slow as one can, sometimes never moving it. The fish were scattered and the bite was very soft. We finally put the tenth keeper in the boat at 1154. We continued to fish until 1415 and managed to catch something over 50 trout, only 17 of them being keepers today.

We did get one sure indication of spring. Ray caught a nice 16" Spanish. We saw several others jump. The fish are moving back in.

The bite was not as good today as it was last Sunday. But there are fish out there, and I got to go.
What was I supposed to do today?
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Dang shure wish I had went on yesterday :oops: Sounds like another good day on the water TC :D
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Wish I was there to. :( Nice catch.