Keaton Beach 3-8-03

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Keaton Beach 3-8-03

Post by CSMarine »

Well boys it was one of those trips. We've all had them. Too excited to think straight. Left for Keaton Beach Friday evening after work. Got 60 miles down the road and remembered I'd forgot, my net, my gaff, and my propane bottle for the Camper. At 70 miles down the road I remembered I'd forgot the key to the Camper, :oops: Stopped at Wal-mart in Thomasville and bought everything I had forgot. Got to the Camper at Keaton Beach and found I didn't need my key after all. Someone had broke into my camper. I entered the same way. To heck with it, I was going fishing at daylight. When we launched Sat morning, the wind was blowing gail force. Preceeded out onto the big water, at about 2 miles out of the canal, I realized I left the new $25. net in the back of my truck. 40 minutes later I was back on my way out. To end this sad tale. I fished till 4:00 before the weather got too bad. Headed in. Got to the no wake zone at the canal, started to shut it down and the new throttle cable I just had put on two weeks ago, STUCK. :o Turned the key off to kill it. Used the trolling motor for the last mile to the ramp. Bottom line, lost count of how many "Shorts" I caught. But ended up with only 4 keeper trout, and one of the biggest rock bass I've ever caught on the flats. Got rained out Sunday morning, came home. Bait; grubs under equalizers. Water: 65 degrees and stained bad north of Keaton. Fairly clear South of Keaton. Depth; mostly 4-5 foot.(6 foot in downtown Perry Sunday). The END
Semper Fi
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

That sounds like a nightmare, apart from the 4 keepers and the big rock bass.
Did your Mother tell you there would be days like that ? :-?
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Sounds like "One of Those Days" except for the fish.

Was anything stolen or damaged in the camper?
What was I supposed to do today?
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

CSMarine it could have been worse :-? ! Someone could have mistaken you for a yankee :lol: :lol: :lol: Shoot, four keepers and a rocket, your ahead of the game now :wink: :o...Came by to see ya the other day, you took off, no you don't owe me any money :D :D Chalk
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

:o None of that sounded good. Guess when goes bad, it goes all bad.
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Thanks fellers for the empathy. I knew if I whined to ya'll, ya'll would console me. The slugs that broke into my camper did minor damage to the frame around the window. It's the thought that they violated my stuff that bothers me. Don't matter, I still had a great time catching all them baby speckled fish. Had a great time eating their 4 parents Sat. night at the Camper too. Going to try for Wed. if the weather holds, and the shop gets my boat fixed in time.
Semper Fi
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

CSMarine, You know it could have been a lot worst. You could have been working on sat. :wink:
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

TD, you are right about that. Ya'll don't get me wrong. I ain't caught a trout since Jan. so I had an outstanding time for the time I was snatching and pulling them trouts fish. Chalk, they would have a hard time mistaking me for someone of northern desent. I was in a Confederate gray colored boat, wearing a Confederate flag on my hat, and hollering yeeeehiiii ever time I hooked a fish. Even them FL Southern boys thought I was a cracker, the way I was hooting and hollering. :P
Semper Fi
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

CSMarine-If you would fire a round for every fish caught, that would confirm it :lol: :lol: ...If memory serves me correct, your a local anyway, more southern than us south GA boyz :wink: :D....Chalk
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Chalk, what you mean IF I fired a round every time a cought one. I do!! That's what I carry that ole 1851 44cal Navy Colt for. I thought everybody did.
Semper Fi
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

NA, small stuff....I was thinking about a 12 pound bronze gun :o :o ....Can you see it! Hey is that fog, na just CSMarine, he caught another one :lol: :lol: ...Chalk
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

I like it, I like it. :D I do have access to a 12 pounder. Just can't figure how to mount the gun turret on my console with out messing up my new $90 antenna Tom turned me on to. :wink:
Semper Fi