iccky-fee-neee 3-12-03

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

jcflats

iccky-fee-neee 3-12-03

Post by jcflats »

Launched around 8:30, river very swift and high. Headed east of the river toward rock island. Stopped about three miles east of the river and went in close to scare up a red, maybe. Fished the grass-line from 9:00 AM until 2:00 P.M. Wanted to try trout and reds on fly, but broke my fly-rod tip pulling my fly-line through the last eyelet! :evil: (This fly fishing is new to me, but looks fun) My partner fished with his fly-rod and boated 5 trout, one a 23" beauty, all on a fly that he tied himself. I was throwing a top water plug and caught 3 trout on top.
At 2:00 pm we went into 3-4' water and immediately started catching trout. we stayed the rest of the afternoon in this range and finished out our limit of fish.
We boated around 40 fish and ended the day with a 10 fish limit 15" to 23". Tons of bait on the water, trout, Spanish macks, blues and maybe even a group of Bonita were all crashing the bait pods late in the afternoon, the water was slick and that was a cool site to see.

A nice over-cast and calm day on the water. :D
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Way to go.. Looks like the fishing really heating up.
waitin

Post by waitin »

Love that top water action! I am really looking forward to getting down there the frist part of next month. Keep on posting those results guys :P ! I am chomping at the bit in anticipation :D
Rogan
Site Sponsor

Post by Rogan »

They was messing with it ye say... :lol:
"No, I dont remember where I last had it, if I knew I'd go get it" ...
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

Ohhhhhh son, das ya big boy right der!